What's new

What the heck is this?

THis came in a lot, and was described as a blade holder. But it isn't very practical as such. It would maybe hold 10 blades, but it is difficult to get them out. There were 3 blades in it when I got it.

I thought it was some sort of hand held razor, but there is no way the blade will make enough skin contact to shave. I'm baffled. What is this? No brand or label on it anywhere.

full

When you pinch the two things on the bottom (below) the doors open.
full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks similar to a Dainteeshave, which is in fact a handheld, compact shaver. I saw one in a local antique store for $8 last week. It doesn't look like the blade would make enough contact with the face, but it does. Please don't ask me how I know...

Anyway, here's a pic of a Dainteeshave:

I tried to run my finger across the exposed blade edge to see if it would cut and it didn't. Another thing that is odd about it, is that when the doors close, it pushes the middle of the blade down, so it is inverting the blade from the position a normal blade is in when it shaves. So the cutting edge is pointing more up than down.

It looks like a pocket style dainty razor to me.
If it pushes the blade upward, did you try flipping it upside down so the blade angle is the right way?

And, yes, I agree that you will need to try shaving your legs for science :001_tongu

I'm thinking there is someone out there that would use that to shave their head. Nice and compact... easy to hold. I'm sure that's not what it was meant for but I'm thinking outside the box here. :001_tongu

That is impossible. I realize it is hard to tell from the picture, but the teeth are also pointed up.

Not flip the blade upside down. Flip the whole box upside down. Like a DE razor with the handle sticking up off the top of the head.

Not flip the blade upside down. Flip the whole box upside down. Like a DE razor with the handle sticking up off the top of the head.

I knew what you meant. If you look at the picture, there is a blade in there. There is almost no blade exposure. If you try to shave with it any which way, all you get is comb.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
You still have not told us if you have tried it on your legs?:lol:

I am researching it now but have not had much luck. I bet Achim would know.

looks fine to me. You're holding it wrong though.

Draw your picture again, this time- turn the contraption counterclockwise one quarter turn.

Then it would shave. With the other side ready ready to go too..

Well, I think it's a blade bank. The contraptions dreamed up to hold razor blades are amateur efforts when compared to this masterpiece. You put blades in it, they can't cut you. Perfect.:001_tt2:

Top Bottom