What's new

Pinaud & The Elixir Vitae

Nothing really new to say here--just thinking about what amazing stuff Pinaud makes. Even with changes and simplifications, their juice is fantastic. Plastic bottles and curious formulations can't damage their mojo. I had run out of Classic Vanilla earlier this year and just replaced it today. Came home from the gym, took a shower and splashed some on. Pure contentment. Who said money can't buy you happiness? And it only costs six bucks!

I thought this was going to be a thread about a secret stash of the elixir shampoo that someone had discovered. I, too, have to say that Pinaud does do some particularly good work. When I first brought home some Clubman, I was positive my wife would wrinkle her nose and declare it out of bounds, but it is still one of only two or three products I have that she compliments each time I wear it. And for the price, it is hard to beat!

I wish I could find a bottle of the old shampoo--just to see what it's like. I would love to have a shampoo that smells like Eau de Quinine. Even with it gone, the basic Clubman Country Club shampoo is still pretty nice.

Had some Eau de Portugal on that just about drove my wife crazy. She could not believe that I only paid about 9$ for a 12 oz bottle.

marty

I love Clubman and am evaluating the Bay Rum. The funny thing is my wife found found the bottle of Bay Rum in the hall closet and thought I had a bottle of "hooch" hidden there. She looked a little embarrassed when I told her what it was!:laugh:

Nothing really new to say here--just thinking about what amazing stuff Pinaud makes. Even with changes and simplifications, their juice is fantastic. Plastic bottles and curious formulations can't damage their mojo. I had run out of Classic Vanilla earlier this year and just replaced it today. Came home from the gym, took a shower and splashed some on. Pure contentment. Who said money can't buy you happiness? And it only costs six bucks!

Where do you get the vanilla clubman from?

Ahhh yes, Pinaud. What I hope Heaven smells like.

I just splashed on a shot of Musk as I am getting ready to call it a night.

Why use aftershave at night, you ask?

Because it smells so darn good and at $4.00 a bottle I can splash some on whenever I please. :thumbup:

It's like aromatherapy for me...

PS- Don't get me started on the Lime Sec or Citrus Musk. I wish sherbet came in those flavors.

Last edited:
I've been a fan for many years. I started with the Clubman mustache wax over thirty years ago and still use it daily.

The discontinuation of "Club Royale" was a real disappointment. One of my all time favorites and then *poof* gone.

But it always leads to the same question - how can a company that makes so many good things also produce "Lilac Vegetal?" :laugh:

After reading this thread, I got hit with a case of ASAD last night.
I went out to Rite-Aid and acquired some regular Clubman and some Bay Rum.
When I got to the register, the kid there told me I'd have to go to another line to purchase alcohol (referring to the Bay Rum).
I chuckled as I told him it was aftershave.
From just smelling them in the bottle, I like the regular Clubman the most.
It seems to have a classic, timeless scent that I can see why many say makes them think of old time barber shop.
It is a clean, manly scent, no flowers, rose petals, or fru-fru here.
The Bay Rum seems such a "spicier", more powerful scent than the bottle of Master's Bay Rum I already have.
It will be interesting to see what it smells like when wearing it.

On a side note, I think I'm going to have to add another shelf to hold the ever growing shave den collection. :biggrin1:

True. Pinaud is not "cheap" in the derogatory sense of the term. It is merely familiar. So many times we use cheap when we mean familiar.

Pinaud is the real deal. They still try to be fairly old skool in their manufacturing and ingredients. Enjoy while you can.

I agree. Pinaud makes very good products. I use Clubman after-shave almost every day. My local Sally's only carries the Clubman. Maybe they can get some of the other after-shaves. They have a variety of Pinaud products on the shelf, including the talc.

Top Bottom