What's new

How aggressive is the Merkur bakelite razor?

Can somebody who has used this razor please tell me how it compares to other razors in terms of aggressiveness? Like a Tech, like a superspeed, like a red tip? Equivalent to a Slim on 3, 4, 5?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mine is a smooth shaving, relatively mild, but not overly mild, shaver. Not dissimilar from my Merkur 1904 closed comb, but much lighter. Not as mild as a Tech, not dissimilar to my Fatboy at about 4-5.

To me it feels roughly like a 34c, except that there is very little weight behind the blade. It hasn't edged the Muehle out of my rotation, but it's a pretty nice razor for the money.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
FWIW, it's not a very aggressive shavers, in that it's necessary to do a substantial amount of blade buffing to get all the hair. However, this is a positive, because no matter how many passes I make, I can not seem to irritate my skin - this razor is gentle. This means that I'm able to get pretty much perfect BBS with this razor, which has turned it into my second favorite!:001_tt1::001_tt1:

I havent used many other razors so I dont have much to compare it to, but I love this razor. It is the one I use every time I shave. I too find it somewhat effortless to get excellent shaves with this razor. I got mine via the BST as well, but I think The Superior Shave website carries this razor for less than $20.

Top Bottom