What's new

Just stopped in to say hello

Been lurkin for some time now.
Just a little 411...
My present rotation:
Schick Krona - (Gives me good shaves with a feather blade)
Fatboy - ( a nice 5 buck one from a vintage shop )
Super Speed (Red Tip) - while learning to use it, I got my worst razor burn from this baby using a drug store blade...whew!!
Tech Early Version - just started using this one...I like the 3 pass results so far.

Just purchased a new Merkur 15c...waiting for the mailman.
I have the AOS Pure Badger brush,sandalwood oil, shave cream and balm set but I prefer my homemade oil mix, Proraso cream,Thayer's lavender witch hazel and Aqua Velva AS.......My fav cologne at present is Givenchy Play. Santa's suppose to bring me a bottle of Versace Man...hmm and a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle, too :001_tt1:

Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas.

Welcome to Badger & Blade.

And thanks for reminding me I need to pick up another bottle of Woodford Reserve.
Woodford is my fav Bourbon with Makers Mark in second place. I almost always sip my good bourbons neat. Conversely, I like to sip an Old Forrester Mint Julep from my beaded sterling cup on a hot southern night..while sitting out on the Veranda in the hot summer evenings and listening to the Whip-poor-wills in the background. Is'nt life grand. BTW, my wife is getting me a $100.00 bottle of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon for Christmas...cant wait to try it.

Woodford is my fav Bourbon with Makers Mark in second place. I almost always sip my good bourbons neat. Conversely, I like to sip an Old Forrester Mint Julep from my beaded sterling cup on a hot southern night..while sitting out on the Veranda in the hot summer evenings and listening to the Whip-poor-wills in the background. Is'nt life grand. BTW, my wife is getting me a $100.00 bottle of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon for Christmas...cant wait to try it.

It's Woodford for me in my mint juleps when I make them. I also need to pick up a sterling cup at some point... and mint :blushing:

Never had PVW bourbon. Someone in the Speakeasy may be able to tell you what to expect http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58

It's Woodford for me in my mint juleps when I make them. I also need to pick up a sterling cup at some point... and mint :blushing:

Never had PVW bourbon. Someone in the Speakeasy may be able to tell you what to expect http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58
A true mint julep is a much more complex drink than many know.
A metal cup is a must for a proper mint julep. I usually just put a tsp of powdered sugar with a healthy bunch of my homegrown mint in my silver cup. Next I add a tblsp of bourbon and take a wood pestle and muddle the hell out of it. After that, I put in a straw and fill the cup with shaved ice. Then, I fill the cup with boubon and place a sprig of mint next to the straw. I then take a pair of kitchen shears and cut the straw the same height as the sprig of mint. Why ? The metal cup will ice over on the outside-cold to the feel. When you put the straw in your mouth you instantly smell the mint beside it-smell. when you draw on the straw you get a splendid -taste. Finally the reward of the-painkiller ( for a hot southern summer......)

Top Bottom