What's new

Xmas wisdom

Just a bit of friendly advice.... and now you can enjoy Christmas.

proxy.php

This woman is 51.

She is a TV "health guru" advocating a holistic approach to nutrition and  ill health, promoting exercise, a pescetarian diet high in organic fruits and vegetables. She recommends detox diets, colonic irrigation and supplements, also making statements that yeast is harmful, that the colour of food is nutritionally significant, and about the utility of lingual and fecal examination.

proxy.php

This woman is 50.

She is a TV cook, who eats nothing but meat, butter and deserts.

So forget "join a gym and eat more celery".... This Christmas, it's food and booze all the way.
And the only exercise you need is dancing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftld7Ohojg I'm the furthest thing you'll find from a christian view ;)

but still we shave..lol :laugh:

Fort Mac eh... its out there.. but not the furthest thing away...

I used to work there in the early 80's.. did some surveying for oil exploration, also used Ft. Mac as a stepping off point for a fishing trip..
got some good friends there...
anyways.

as I recall, it was quite wild in those days.. the bar was called "the zoo"
I used to spend alot of time in there.. partaking.. from what I remember.

then time passes by and things change...
you get old and things that were once taken for granted are no longer..
sometimes people need help, and faith gives a place to go to find rest, comfort and solace
so my Christmas wish for you.. O man,
is too remain open
times change
and we change with them

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
"Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?"

View attachment 137190

Why are we bringing religion into this discussion?
Besides, I'm afraid you have go go much further back than Christ to find the original reason we celebrate this holiday.

Why are we bringing religion into this discussion?
Besides, I'm afraid you have go go much further back than Christ to find the original reason we celebrate this holiday.

Why?

The Christmas celebration is not an observance of a historical date, but a commemoration of the event in terms of worship.

Christmas means "Christ's Mass" and is the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth and baptism. Although December 25th is generally accepted as being the time when the Christ Child was born, the exact date has never been chronicled with any degree of accuracy. There is neither scriptural nor secular evidence to establish the exact moment.

Members of the pagan order have always celebrated the Winter Solstice...the season of the year when days are shortest and nights longest. It was generally believed to be a time of drunkenness, revelry and debauchery.
The pagan Romans called this celebration Saturnalia, in honor of their god Saturn.

I think that the true meaning of Christmas is about possibility in the midst of the impossible. It is not the kind of possibility that comes from a confidence in our own skill, knowledge, ability, or a positive mental attitude. It is possibility that comes solely from the fact that God is God, and that he is the kind of God who comes into our own human existence to reveal himself and call us to himself. It is a possibility that is so surprising at its birth that we are caught unaware, and so are left with wonder at the simplicity of its expression in this infant child. It is a possibility that is easily symbolized by a helpless infant that has nothing of its own by which to survive; yet an infant that, because he is Immanuel, God with us, will forever change the world and all humanity. It is this same God who has promised to be with us, with his people, with the church and with us individually, as we live as his people in the world.

It is not just hope, as if it were wishful thinking that things will get better when they cannot. It is hope incarnated into flesh, a hope that can be held in a mother’s arms, a hope that expresses a reality that will live beyond endings and death itself. It is the hope, the possibility, that springs from impossible and insignificant beginnings, infused with the power of God through the Holy Spirit, that will blossom into a light to the nations.

It is this possibility, this God, that we celebrate at Christmas. And we do so with a confidence born, not of our own desire for it to be so, but from the birth of a child over 2,000 years ago, a child who was the Son of God!

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I meant, why are we bringing religion into a thread that was about admiring the pictures of a couple of women.

I meant, why are we bringing religion into a thread that was about admiring the pictures of a couple of women.

Oh... lol
Its just that I feel that we are all equal.. no-one is "better" than the other..
even though some may be different.. all have gifts to bring to the table.
all are special in their own way.
I feel.. the only time you should look down on some-one..
is when you are bending over to help them up
my thoughts..
Merry Christmas

Why?

The Christmas celebration is not an observance of a historical date, but a commemoration of the event in terms of worship.

Christmas means "Christ's Mass" and is the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth and baptism. Although December 25th is generally accepted as being the time when the Christ Child was born, the exact date has never been chronicled with any degree of accuracy. There is neither scriptural nor secular evidence to establish the exact moment.

Members of the pagan order have always celebrated the Winter Solstice...the season of the year when days are shortest and nights longest. It was generally believed to be a time of drunkenness, revelry and debauchery.
The pagan Romans called this celebration Saturnalia, in honor of their god Saturn.

I think that the true meaning of Christmas is about possibility in the midst of the impossible. It is not the kind of possibility that comes from a confidence in our own skill, knowledge, ability, or a positive mental attitude. It is possibility that comes solely from the fact that God is God, and that he is the kind of God who comes into our own human existence to reveal himself and call us to himself. It is a possibility that is so surprising at its birth that we are caught unaware, and so are left with wonder at the simplicity of its expression in this infant child. It is a possibility that is easily symbolized by a helpless infant that has nothing of its own by which to survive; yet an infant that, because he is Immanuel, God with us, will forever change the world and all humanity. It is this same God who has promised to be with us, with his people, with the church and with us individually, as we live as his people in the world.

It is not just hope, as if it were wishful thinking that things will get better when they cannot. It is hope incarnated into flesh, a hope that can be held in a mother’s arms, a hope that expresses a reality that will live beyond endings and death itself. It is the hope, the possibility, that springs from impossible and insignificant beginnings, infused with the power of God through the Holy Spirit, that will blossom into a light to the nations.

It is this possibility, this God, that we celebrate at Christmas. And we do so with a confidence born, not of our own desire for it to be so, but from the birth of a child over 2,000 years ago, a child who was the Son of God!
*sigh....*
A thread about Nigella Lawson's incredible genetics turns into a sermon?

Look, I may not agree with what you've written there (though I respect it)...but I think you can at least start your own thread about what this time of year means to you if you wanna post this stuff.

When I first read this, I thought it said "turns into a salmon"

A lot more funny when read this way.
Maybe she's secretly a mermaid!
Or a salmon-maid if you will!

Still no denying she looks good for her age, but, speaking as someone who used to be a professional photographer, it amazing what you can do with lighting, makeup and Photoshop also. Virtually every photo posts these days is edited.

How about everyone just enjoys the holiday season by being happy with themselves ("flaws" n all) and surrounded , if possible, by loved ones?