What's new

Acquisitions: Monday April 23 - April 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sabini finest prototype. It has a very white handle, much whiter than most faux ivory handles, and quite dark band of hair with cream colored tips. On cursory inspection, the brush seems to have a very dense knot and typical finest hair being course at the base with relatively soft tips. It'll be getting a good workout in the next day or so.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
EJ Medium Silvertip Faux Horn
Black stand

Man this thing was so small when I took it out of the box, but it looks soo nice! Can't wait to try this out, should be a nice upgrade from the $35 starter kit AOS brush.

Sabini finest prototype. It has a very white handle, much whiter than most faux ivory handles, and quite dark band of hair with cream colored tips. On cursory inspection, the brush seems to have a very dense knot and typical finest hair being course at the base with relatively soft tips. It'll be getting a good workout in the next day or so.

full

SWWEEET!
Just one more.......

full

Nice brush! :wink:

MB Code Black Soap
MB Sandalwood Rose Soap (2nd puck - this stuff is amazing!)
MB Toasted Coconut Soap in MB wood bowl for Jenesee

30 Mekur DE Blades
6 Honeybee Shaving Soaps - Vanilla Oak, Cedarwood Amber, Yuzu, Mayan Gold, Oceania, Orange Burst
100ml Trumper Coral Skin Food

My package from Classic Shaving finally made its way to the East Coast. :rolleyes: :wink: :biggrin:

Tub of ToBS Almond for Jenesee
Bottle of Thayer's Lemon Face Wash
Bottle of Thayer's Extra Strength Witch Hazel
Proraso ASP
Proraso ASB
2nd Merkur Slant because Jenesee liked mine so much :001_tt1: :biggrin:
SWISSCO Natural Bristle Toothbrush - Tortoise

Puck of MB Chai Tea soap was also waiting for me!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Thanks Valdez....

Merkur HD
Castle Forbes LIME Balm
Feather Blades

Gonna give the Merkur HD another chance..I bought one, used it once...sold it...bought this one....but seriously my RAD is over.....

Speick SC
Musgo Real SC
Pre De Provence SC
Pre De Provence soap Brazil Nut
Claus Porto Tobacco Soap (the big one)
Swissco comb
Olbas oil and Bath

All from Merz

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I followed Stauff's recommendation awhile back about Tabac. I now have a closet filled with Tabac products. So now I am following his recommendation regarding Speick. The Valobra is a recommendation of Trader Joe.

From Smallflower.com

Speick a/s
Speick edc
Speick soap
Speick s/c
Valobra Soft Shaving Soap Menthol
Musgo Real s/c

I have a feeling tomorrow will be a Speick day. :wink:

I hit up some antique stores today. If anyone has ever seen the movie "Doc Hollywood" with Michael J. Fox, that little town is where I went. It is called Micanopy, and is about 10 miles south of Gainesville, FL. It is pretty much all antique stores on both sides of the street. I hit 4 stores, and there wasn't a lot of shaving goodies, but I did alright.

full

Anyway, here is what I got, clockwise from top:
-Two 1966 cartridges of injector blades, in the boxes. One of them is in the box containing a...
-1935 Schick Injector, in the original box, with papers.:thumbup1:
-Superspeed, date code D4. It's my first SS. I cleaned it, and will use it tomorrow.
-Gillette Tech, in a Star travel case.
-A vintage Record Razor travel razor kit, with 3 blades in the original box. It has to be post-WWII, because it was made in W. Germany.

Grand total for all these goodies: $41.

Also, I found this toothbrush holder at Wal-Mart, and it makes a fine razor holder.

full

D

Deleted member 477

Thanks Valdez....

Merkur HD
Castle Forbes LIME Balm
Feather Blades

Gonna give the Merkur HD another chance..I bought one, used it once...sold it...bought this one....but seriously my RAD is over.....

Your RAD will be over when you get a Merkur Slant--David V

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Your RAD will be over when you get a Merkur Slant--David V

I just SLANTED my PayPal account slightly to (re) purchase a Merkur Slant. The previous Slant I purchased never touched my face. I'm giving Merkurs in general a second chance at my rotation that had previously been chocked full of English Made Gillettes. If all goes well with them I could unload all of my "Rockets" and purchase a Plisson that I crave.

D

Deleted member 477

I just SLANTED my PayPal account slightly to (re) purchase a Merkur Slant. The previous Slant I purchased never touched my face. I'm giving Merkurs in general a second chance at my rotation that had previously been chocked full of English Made Gillettes. If all goes well with them I could unload all of my "Rockets" and purchase a Plisson that I crave.

I have several Merkurs, and gillettes. The slant blows them all out of the water. Ive been using it for six months, while the others collect dust. It gives me a bbs shave every day without the slightest irritation. It ended my RAD for good. David V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom