What's new

How do you remove a watch band?

I would like to change the watch band on my B&B LE watch and before i get the butterknife out lol i thought i would consult the experts. Is there a tool that makes this easier than scratching up my watch?

The best advice that I can give is to tape the back of the lugs of your watch and just take your time and be careful. I change straps on my watches from time to time and normally do it with a springbar tool, but it is easy enough to do so with a pocketknife as well.

if you don't have a springbar tool, or feel like ordering one a small flathead screwdriver like the types found in those glasses/computer kits will work just fine too.

All my life I've used a jeweler's screwdriver to pop the pins out. Just make sure not to let them spring loose when you clear the first end off the case. They travel far and hide very stealthily.

Last edited:
I've ordered me the Spring Bar tool from the above link. Thanks everyone for the advice and help.

If you change your band often the exact tool is the way to go. Some watches have shoulder-less springbars and can be a pain to remove and some have holes in the lugs so you should have a pin to push them out. Also there are many bracelets that are really tough to put back in. I don't advise putting your watch on it's xtl especially if its plastic or even mineral glass unless you know the surface will not scratch it.

Top Bottom