What's new

Ok, admit it . . .

How many of you have used your expensive high-end cologne for an air freshener at least once in the past twelve months?

Guilty.

I've sprayed in my car for that purpose, but only when I was on my way home from the store and ripped open the new bottle that I had just purchased.

Interestingly, I've always had a sort of olfactory "blind" spot for floral scents - they just don't smell like flowers to me. I can recognize single flower type scents, but "floral" is a problem. But when I sprayed Santos de Cartier in my car, it smelled just like a big bouquet of flowers.

I used to spray it on my business cards (I never use 'em for anything) and stick them in the car, where the air vents are.

When I make the bed (rule is last one out of the bed makes the bed!) I often spray the pillows with either one of my colognes or my wifes perfumesl It may not last but it sure makes the bedroom smell good for the rest of the time I am getting ready.

My closet is sprinkled with Nandal sandalwood incense oil, which is the closest I have gotten to using cologne as an air freshener lately.
However, I used to sprinkle Paco Rabanne in my '78 280Z, but that was thirty years ago.

Are we talking whole house aroma thing or "powder rom" "hey it smells pretty bad in here"?

Actually, I have not used expensive scents for either purpose in the past year!

What I have done, that I have been meaning to write about, is to load spent Ogallala Bay Rum Air Freshner bottles with Florida Water to use as a powder room air freshner, and I have been know to spray that or the original Ogallala Air Freshner all around the house to kill, say, cooking odors. I park one of those sprayers in every comode area of the house!

Recently I have also bought Latin aerosole spray cans of "good luck/properity" type scents, very inexpensive, and have put those in the various bathrooms. I really like the way they smell. However I worry that I am doing something sacreligious or otherwise culturally offensive!

The Ogallala Air Freshners are really, really good. More effective than the Florida Water or good luck sprays, and they leave a very nice masculine scent that sort of sticks around for quite a while in the bathroom itself.

There have been lots of scents that I am very tempted to spray in car or in my closet or drawers. The OED B&B frag springs immediately to mind. I would love my closet and car to smell exactly like that!

I have parked open box bars of Mysore soaps in my drawers. Adds a little, but not really very effective.

I have also sprayed pillows and bed sheets with scents, either in the morning or toward bed time. Most often for this purpose lavenders. Do not have to be expensive. Clean, fresh, soothing, and restful! There is a reason many laundry detergents are loaded with lavender scent!

All my little bottles of ouds, etc. tend to leak a little scent as it is. So there's no need for any further enhancement. :w00t:

Are we talking whole house aroma thing or "powder rom" "hey it smells pretty bad in here"?

Actually, I have not used expensive scents for either purpose in the past year!

What I have done, that I have been meaning to write about, is to load spent Ogallala Bay Rum Air Freshner bottles with Florida Water to use as a powder room air freshner, and I have been know to spray that or the original Ogallala Air Freshner all around the house to kill, say, cooking odors. I park one of those sprayers in every comode area of the house!

Do you spray those fuzzy toilet lid covers to make them more masculine?

Recently I have also bought Latin aerosole spray cans of "good luck/properity" type scents, very inexpensive, and have put those in the various bathrooms. I really like the way they smell. However I worry that I am doing something sacreligious or otherwise culturally offensive!

The Ogallala Air Freshners are really, really good. More effective than the Florida Water or good luck sprays, and they leave a very nice masculine scent that sort of sticks around for quite a while in the bathroom itself.

There have been lots of scents that I am very tempted to spray in car or in my closet or drawers. The OED B&B frag springs immediately to mind. I would love my closet and car to smell exactly like that!

I don't want to spray scents in my drawers.

I have parked open box bars of Mysore soaps in my drawers. Adds a little, but not really very effective.

I have also sprayed pillows and bed sheets with scents, either in the morning or toward bed time. Most often for this purpose lavenders. Do not have to be expensive. Clean, fresh, soothing, and restful! There is a reason many laundry detergents are loaded with lavender scent!

Sorry to be snarky. I just got off work, and am in a snarky mood. I do have fuzzy toilet lid covers in my house right now. I think I need to spray them with Masters Bay Rum, and tie them up with bungee cords so they don't fall down while I am taking a p***.

Do you spray those fuzzy toilet lid covers to make them more masculine?

I don't want to spray scents in my drawers.

Sorry to be snarky. I just got off work, and am in a snarky mood. I do have fuzzy toilet lid covers in my house right now. I think I need to spray them with Masters Bay Rum, and tie them up with bungee cords so they don't fall down while I am taking a p***.

If I did know you you and your snarky sense of humor, I might be annoyed, but I doubt it even then! Very funny!

Fuzzy toilet seat covers, much less toilet seats that fell down on me, would really annoy me! But I would probably put up with them for peace in my time at home, if that is what my wife wanted.

I suppose if we had toilet seat covers, I would hose them down with some kind of masculine scent. They would probably hold that scent well.

Pinaud Clubman is not a high-end scent, I know, but I have used it within the past 12 months as a mosquito repellent. I heard that the citronella in it was effective, so tried it. I think it worked, but was a pretty strong scent. I am used to a splash on my face, not a drenching on my legs while wearing shorts in late summer.

Not once, because I still have some Jo Malone lifestyle home scent in Sandalwood and Cedar that does the trick. But it will be gone soon, and I will have to think of something else.

Top Bottom