What's new

Acid cigars anyone?

I'm not a big fan of infused cigars. I gave Blondie a shot, but I just don't like that powdered sugar taste on my lips afterward.

I'll say this, they're nicely made. And they smoke nice. I just prefer to have a nice natural hint of pepper and a lot of leather in my smoke.

If I had to pick one DE to smoke, I think it would be the Natural Dirt.

My neighborhood growing up had a large Italian population and the men used to smoke nasty little crooked cigars soaked in rum- in less correct times even they referred to them a G____y stinkers. You would get sick just being downwind of someone smoking one!:tongue_sm

anything except Aircatchers.

The Blondie is a nice smoke. I like the small size and the flavor is nice and easy going ... I sometimes enjoy one on the long drive home from my favorite nightclub.

There's one he makes, about a 5.5 x 50, starts with a "Y" ... very tasty. But when I bought one, I had to secure it in a separate humidor so the strong aroma didn't infuse my other more traditional sticks.

That's the one bad thing about Drew Estates ... while his smokes are very flavorful, the aroma tends to leech into whatever is sitting next to it.

Not sure the exact 'model', but I smoked an Acid cigar in Vegas earlier this year, that was so pungent, that everyone who walked within 50 paces of me recoiled in horror. It wasn't infused with anything that I know of...it was full flavored and delicious...and deliveed a heck of a nicotine buzz!

I have to agree with you guys in giving another thumbs up to the blondie. I prefer small to medium sized cigars simple because the bigger cigars I can only finish half way before they start tasting bad & I throw them out.

I smoked a few when they first came out years ago. It's been so long that I obviously don't remember what they taste like, but of the few, the Cold Infusion Tea wasn't that bad. Not my cup of tea, I'll stick to regular cigars.

I will say they are a heck of a lot better than those Lars Tetens cigars were :thumbdown

Generally I also pass on infused cigars but these (especially Liquid) smell so damn nice that my wife would even let me smoke them around her.

I really enjoy just about anything from Drew Estate. How bout you?

I enjoy them as a change of pace once in a while. They actually do make a cigar that is not infused, not 100% sure but I think it's the Acid "One".

Anyway I have tried them all, like some better than the others, but the Atom Maduro seems to be the one I go to more often than not when in the mood for an Acid.

Biggest issue I have is I like to smoke pipes as well so mostly I like a cigar that is not infused and pipe when I am in the mood for some aroma and flavor.

Shop here in my honetwon carries the full line of Acid so I grab one every now and again.

I liked the Blondies a bit for a while, and still have one every so often, though I'm generally over infused cigars for whatever reason; Drew Estate makes a line called Liga Privada that are quite nice. No infusions in this line, just tobacco. Still, I did love my Acids for a while.

A couple years ago, a member here by the name of Matt (analog_kid) sent me an Acid Def Sea. If I'm remembering correctly, it was a perfecto and was infused with jasmine oil or something like that. The construction and burn on the thing were flawless, but the taste...well...it wasn't good. Very perfume-y.

They kinda smell like incense.

That is my impression exactly of Acids. The few that I have smoked were nasty to say the least. With that being said, my wife gave me several infused cigars for Christmas (thank God they were not Acid line). I smoked one yesterday and it was a Drew Estate Tabac coffee infused. Even though I am not a fan of D.E., the Tabac was a very enjoyable cigar. I will probably buy more.

DL

I am also a Drew Estates fan, but I only smoke the Liga Privada line. The Liga Privida #9 and T-52's are excellent cigars and they are my current favorites! If anyone has not tried a dirty rat or flying pig I highly recommend them. I recommend them all!

Top Bottom