What's new

Bigelow Ultra Light Lotion Elixir White

I am new to the forum, and hate to have one of my first posts be viewed in a negative light but...
CO Bigelow Ultra Light Body Lotion Elixir White.
Anyone ever use this brand/scent of body lotion? (I use the body wash and love the scent).
Received a bottle of this from my girlfriend today, out shopping, probably did the buy 2 get 1 free sale at Bath and Body Works.
It is moisturizing and made my hands and dry skin feel great, yet it stinks. As in, smells horrible.
To be blunt, sort of smells like pine trees, stinky socks, a bad case of BO, mixed in with an dirty old restroom urine essence. (The smell of the restroom at an outdoor ballpark on a hot day.)
Anyone know what ingredient listed may give the lotion this odor?
Label states the lotion has "Clean citrus notes or Bergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Peppery wood Spices".
Thanks for having such a great forum.
If this type of post is not allowed, please let me know.

I'm not sure what is causing the odor, but I would definitely return it to the store. From the company website: "At Bath & Body Works, no sale is ever final. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may exchange it for something else in our store or receive a merchandise credit card to use whenever you like. If you prefer a refund, just show us your sales receipt or invoice and we will be happy to provide a credit to the original form of payment."

It may just be a bad bottle of lotion, or maybe the way it reacts with your skin. Regardless, you obviously aren't satisfied and don't want to go around smelling like "dirty old restroom urin essence", so I'd suggest returning it. .

I did return the lotion to the store today. Received a new bottle, and the smell is much better. Never knew that lotion could go bad.

Top Bottom