What's new

Caswell-Massey

Greetings from NC gents!

I'm thinking of trying one of the AS's from Caswell-Massey. Anyone have any experience with this brand and can recommend a scent?

Im a big fan of their Lime AS and cologne. I am not a big fan of their website because it's confusing to use (or it was the last time I was there about 2 years ago). The search feature does not work well and it does not always pull up all their products.

I bought their 5-scent cologne sampler a while back. Every scent was nice, not too complex. I particularly liked the Tricorn (somewhat sandalwood) and the Number Six (citrus with some other frags). The Jockey Club was also nice. I liked the Greenbriar a little less, and my least favorite was the Newport, but I wouldn't hesitate to wear any of them with respect to quality of scent - just personal preference.

The AS/cologne combos are a pretty good deal as opposed to buying the AS and cologne separately.

Of course, avoid their shaving soaps and creams. Not good. Stick with the AS and colognes.

Hi NC law-enforcement person. I like the lavender scented shave cream, pre and post shave lotions. Very nice products.

I have been trying to hunt down the Jockey Club at local stores including those booths that sell perfumes and colognes. Everyone looks at me like I have 2 heads when I say "Caswell-Massey" so I usually just walk away. I have Newport and find it quite nice, I will probably end up buying it on the bay or another online retailer.

Caswell-Massey use to retail in gift shops, but not sure they do anymore. You can buy directly from them (I have) and at least Smallflowers carries their products.

Sandalwood is a good scent, but no aftershave splash - only a balm, I believe. I also have Tricorn in both the edt and aftershave splash. It is a nice sandalwood but more vanillay than the Sandalwood which is very dry.

Despite frequent negative press here, I love Caswell Massey stuff-my go to AS and cologne is Tricorn. I have used Jockey Club, Patchouli, No. 6, actually most of their scents and have enjoyed them all. Their AS are bracing, have glycerin and work well. Don't forget the talc in the same scents-it is high quality, adheres nicely and is really good on your neck after a shave. Their bath soaps are excellent. I use their Dr. Hunter shave cream and it works well. I have one of their badger travel brushes and it is fine quality. Their customer service has been fine and once you get on the email list you get notification of specials etc. Give it a try.

C-M aftershaves are really nice products. Their shaving soaps are complete and utter sh*t, without a doubt the worst I've ever used, but I really like their splashes. Number 6 has a great citrus smell to it and does a great job conditioning my face; I can get away without a balm or milk in the winter if I use it. Not overpowering.

Verbena is interesting. Conditions just as well. It smells like lemon Pledge in the bottle, but on the face it is an entirely different animal. It immediately dries down to a cut grass scent and settles into a great balance of herb and citrus.

I like the smell of Newport even though it is a touch more cologne-ish and I wouldn't personally wear it for that reason. Jockey smells like a high-end version of your more typical store-bought aftershaves. Not my thing but I can see where it is appealing.

Greenbriar is without a doubt my favorite scent, but I haven't tried the aftershave yet.

Top Bottom