What's new

Did this go to a forum member

I didn't win this lot, but anytime I do win something cool on eBay the first thing I do is check here to see if anyone posted a "Who won the _____?" thread.

Sadly, nobody ever does.

I bid on it but was outbid at the last second. If I was at home, instead of on vacation, I may have ended up with it.

:w00t:

It was me.

My final acquisition of the year.

I don't feel like I scored just yet. The picture only showed the handle. Nice doily though. :laugh:

I caught y'all sleeping. Don't worry, I'm not buying any more.

When it arrives I'll post pics. Hopefully it's in good condition and shavable. Fingers crossed that there's still some plating on the doors.

Anyone need a fat handle tech or a couple ball ends? :lol: I'll throw in some Don Juans!!! :001_cool:

I just got lucky. This was in before I agreed not to buy any more shaving stuff before Christmas. Just looked too tempting....

I'm guessing it's a 1934 Aristocrat. I actually have the case someone put a GEM in from another lot I won last month. No blade box. :mad3:

Next year, I only intend on buying one razor, if I see it. A Big Fellow in dovetail box, in great condition.

I'm past my limit for acquisitions. Unexpected events have happened and my shave fund had to be totally diverted. My wife had to travel for a funeral out of town, and arguing about razors wouldn't be prudent.

Airfare on short notice is very expensive around the holidays. I will have a few days to clean up my collection and hide it. Last time she saw it lying out, I was cataloging date codes and completeness of sets, she was not impressed.

So- yes it did 'go' to a member. Y'all can rest easy. I promise to share pics when it arrives.

Like the President, it's not official until I have it in hand.. :001_smile

The 'crat has landed.

Must say, it's stunning. Gold is totally complete. Breath taking example of Gillette's first TTO.

A bit ugly out of the box. I soaked her in vinegar and water, wiped her with a towel, and a nice long rinse in clear cool water...

Check it out! :001_smile

How cool is this one? HUH!

Ever shave with a CONRAD?!!

Very cool open comb razor, plastic/bakelite handle with a short prong cap and the baseplate attached to the handle.

Check this out!

Top Bottom