What's new

New Drug Store in Town

It's been a while since I've been in a Sav-On drug store, but I recently received a flyer in the mail for a new one that opened about two miles from here.

Saw an item in the flyer that made a good gag gift for a Christmas party, and stopped there today. Of course this called for a pass through their men's shaving section.

Found some items I haven't seen in any other local drug chains, some that can be hard to find even online, and at competitive prices.

Included were:

Schick injector blades, 7-pack for $5.69
Gem Blue Star SE blades in a 5-pack
Gem Personna SE blades in a 10-pack
House brand SE blades, made in Korea...
Williams soap pucks
The ubiquitous VDH brush
Bic Metal razors

Noxzema Shave cream cans in three flavors: Sensitive, Aloe & Lanolin, and the Regular in the white can just like Gunilla Knutson used to hustle in the TV commercial ("Take it off, take it all off.")

Gillette Foamy Barber shop formula

Barbasol in Regular (red stripes), Aloe (green stripes) and Skin Conditioner (yellow stripes) formulas.

No DE blades, but the last time I was in a Sav-On 2-3 years ago, they had their house brand DE blade in what looked like a Personna dispenser.

This place looked like they're serious about winning new business, and put the CVS store up the street to shame.

Don't need any shaving supplies right now, but will keep this place in mind when the weather turns nicer...

You could mention to the store manager a request for DEs if you will buy from them. My local pharmacy (privately owned) at least has Gillette Standard (White Pack) DEs in stock.

Top Bottom