What's new

Rooney Stubby XLs back in stock

these gonna go like lightning, wish i could afford one...but im not overly thrilled with the newest rooney 2-band hair....

I was able to order a 1XL through Classic Shaving (special request) and am currently waiting delivery. I just hope the specs are exactly the same as the brushes at VB.

these gonna go like lightning, wish i could afford one...but im not overly thrilled with the newest rooney 2-band hair....

Do you have one of the new ones already? I dont see any problem with the hair myself but YMMV. What turned you off about it?

Had a tough time deciding between the 1XL and 2XL. I went with the 2XL because I already have a Finest 1/1 and the handle is good but just a bit too small for my hand.

The 2XL looks like the handle size is somewhere between a Finest 1/1 and 1/2 handle.

Do you have one of the new ones already? I dont see any problem with the hair myself but YMMV. What turned you off about it?

I think he's referring to the non-XL heritage brushes.

I was similarly unimpressed with them - not very dense, very little backbone.

From what I hear though these new XLs are very much improved.

Yep i sure do, i have one of the emillion size 1's with the new two-band...i dunno, i guess i was just let down by the density and softness of tips. The density is ok, but not great, which is definitely a personal preference thing. I wasnt looking for something as dense as a chubby, but a touch more density would have done this lil guy some good....Also, the tips are soft, like TOO soft. I never thought i would say that but it just wasnt what i was accustomed to with 2-band hair. Its funny my brush preferences are very situational i guess...honestly it might have been a totally different situation if this brush was exactly the same but it said simpson or shavemac on it....i think my perceptions are that warped! in the end.....YMMV!!!!! I also had a lil bias cuz it was so tiny i felt like i was lathering with a pencil, (ive discovered i like larger knots)

Tempted to pick up a XL and sell my XXXL in Jan since I've been moving away from the huge brushes (since I got and loved my Chubby 1), but I don't have the $$ at the moment.
It is showing 12 still in stock of the XL though, so maybe they have a good supply of them and I can wait till Jan.

The density on these brushes (The Stubby X's) is good. Not amazing like a finest or 3 band Heritage, but I doubt you'll find it lacking. The hair is very nice. Very good backbone and extremely soft tips.

Top Bottom