What's new

Cigar advice

Part of what's kept me away from cigars, aside from the fact it's more expensive than pipe-smoking, is the humidor. Do I have to fuss with that if I buy a 5-pack or something, and will smoke them over a couple of months?
Absolutely not. I usually buy more than my large desk top humidor will hold, I place the overages in a ziplock bag until there is room. Or if I am going on vacation and will be taking a box with me I will place that box in a zip lock bag. When doing this it is a good idea to pack it with a Boveda brand humidification device to maintain the humidity level. Be sure to keep an eye on it from time to time also make sure it isn't in direct sunlight as that will set up a greenhouse effect and as has been mentioned in other posts exchange the air inside the bag occasionally...

Absolutely not. I usually buy more than my large desk top humidor will hold, I place the overages in a ziplock bag until there is room. Or if I am going on vacation and will be taking a box with me I will place that box in a zip lock bag. When doing this it is a good idea to pack it with a Boveda brand humidification device to maintain the humidity level. Be sure to keep an eye on it from time to time also make sure it isn't in direct sunlight as that will set up a greenhouse effect and as has been mentioned in other posts exchange the air inside the bag occasionally...

proxy.php

Pipes&cigars.com
Aficionado magazine

that is a huge start right there if it hasn't already been mentioned. They have catalogs galore and flood you with options if you get on their mailing list.

Top Bottom