What's new

Gas Station Coffee- you can't beat it !

There's a gas station chain in my province and they sell a French Vanilla type of coffee, out of a coffee machine. You have your choice of Irish Cream, English Toffee. ...but the French Vanilla is the one for me.

Now I know some will call me a caffeine Philistine.....but c'mon :biggrin1:....you can't tell me even if you are a aficionado of haute cafe beverages ....that you don't occasionally....maybe when you're on a road trip....sneak a gas station, fancy coffee drink and enjoy it...as you drive your Euro sedan....down the 401 or I-29.

What's your favourite gas station coffee drink ?

I still enjoy a cup of java from 7-11. It's a good cup of coffee when I'm running late and don't make coffee at home.

For long trips I would bring along my own brewed coffee or tea in thermoses. Since I drive a small motorhome, I have been known to make up fresh coffee of tea on the roadside.

OK, once in a while I would grab a cappuccino when I come across a place that sells decent coffee.

7-Eleven and Dunkin Donuts are spotty. Some are disgusting, and others are better. Depends where you are. Also, some 7Eleven stores use something other than the house brand.

Most of the gas stations I've gone to have some "gourmet" brand and commercial drip machines. I find the regular and Columbian are improved a bit by the leak of gasoline fumes through the underground water pipes. :001_smile

If only Dunkin' Donuts sold gasoline. (Those of you who don't like their coffee may claim that it ALREADY sells gasoline.)

Husky and Mohawk over here sell Kicking Horse which is what I generally buy for the house. It came in handy living downtown in the apartment when the water was shut off a few times a month.

Last edited:
Wawa has the best gas station coffee, but their gas stations & convenience stores are limited to NJ, PA, DEL, VA & MD.

Wawa has the best gas station coffee, but their gas stations & convenience stores are limited to NJ, PA, DEL, VA & MD.
I'm pretty sure they are in NC, too. I think that I've seen them when visiting my sister in Raleigh. I could be confusing that with visiting my best friend in MD, though.

I still enjoy a cup of java from 7-11. It's a good cup of coffee when I'm running late and don't make coffee at home.

Austin is right, 7-Eleven's Exclusive Blend is the BOMB! I do not particularly care for their French Vanilla, which is the coffee flavor I drink 99.999 percent of the time.

you can't tell me even if you are a aficionado of haute cafe beverages ....that you don't occasionally....maybe when you're on a road trip....sneak a gas station, fancy coffee drink and enjoy it...as you drive your Euro sedan....down the 401 or I-29.
I don't. I actually research my coffee spots when making travel plans as good matters more to me than fancy. Personally, I prefer my coffee to taste like coffee and not like all the other flavorings that seem to be very popular. However, it works for you then go for it. It's the taste in the cup and your own preference that matter.

Last edited:
I don't. I actually research my coffee spots when making travel plans as good matters more to me than fancy. Personally, I prefer my coffee to taste like coffee and not like all the other flavorings that seem to be very popular. However, it works for you then go for it. It's the taste in the cup and your own preference that matter.

My absolute favourite coffee is the coffee made by my wife. Don't know how she does it, but it exceeds all other coffees that I have had.

For example, I find Starbucks' brews don't appeal to me. Nor do most coffee shops, even Tim's, up here in Canada.

Many of the fancy , little places that seem to serve more pretension..than good coffee.

But if I'm traveling I don't have access to good coffee...my wife's....so I prefer to go with a flavour I like....even if it's not a coffee taste.

Wow...I haven't seen a 7-11 in years! I thought they were all closed.

Plenty of 7-11's throughout Michigan. The town I live in has five locations alone.

Most gas station coffee is dreck. I happen to like gourmet coffee though, usually drinking Starbucks, or Seattle's Best Coffee (which is oddly enough owned by Starbucks). I drink it straight up black; no sweetener, and no creamer.

The flavored, sweetened "cappuccino" dispersed from the gas station machines is especially nasty: it's horridly over-sweetened, and effectively instant coffee. It's nothing like a true cappuccino.

Last edited:
7-Eleven and Dunkin Donuts are spotty. Some are disgusting, and others are better. Depends where you are. Also, some 7Eleven stores use something other than the house brand.

Most of the gas stations I've gone to have some "gourmet" brand and commercial drip machines. I find the regular and Columbian are improved a bit by the leak of gasoline fumes through the underground water pipes. :001_smile

Dunkin Donuts is the worst. I'd rather go without. Doesn't help that the average store feels like the last refuge for the damned.

In Norway, we drink incredible amounts of Coffee per capita, and you're actually lucky to find bad coffee here :laugh: Except for the very cheapest supermarket brands, perhaps.

Any gas station or corner shop coffee is pretty much ok. Of course, doesn't beat my french press :biggrin1: And another thing, we don't have a chain in the entire country similar to Starbucks, with loads of artificial sweeteners and tastes and what have you. We drink proper coffee 'round these parts.

Top Bottom