What's new

Work boots

don;t know...some shoes are "made" in the dominican republic, but are assembled in the united states, thus they can put the "made in the usa" on them.

i do not know if this is the case here or not.

for me a product has to be made entirely in the US to be considered a US made product. if something says it's 'assembled in Mexico' that tells me it was probably made in a sweatshop. I don't think i've ever seen a product that said 'assembled in the USA'....it's always some poor third world country like Haiti, Mexico, Dominican Republic, etc.

for me a product has to be made entirely in the US to be considered a US made product. if something says it's 'assembled in Mexico' that tells me it was probably made in a sweatshop. I don't think i've ever seen a product that said 'assembled in the USA'....it's always some poor third world country like Haiti, Mexico, Dominican Republic, etc.

this practice of being made in the dominican republic and them assembled here is going on right now. it is dury free for the companies and they don;t have to report it, since they are "assmebled" in the usa.

from the wikipedia under allen edmonds:
Currently the production of the shoe uppers are made in the Dominican Republic due to lack of shoe sewers in the United States. The uppers are imported to the factories in Lewiston, ME and Port Washington, WI where they are assembled with other shoe parts, thus allowing them to be considered "Made in the USA."

They look like they are unbranded Thorogoods. It describes them as "American Heritage Series", which are Thorogoods.

I just got confirmation from Weinbrenner (the company that makes Thorogoods). The Fleet Farm Field N Forest brand of boots and the Duluth Trading Company boots are indeed made by Weinbrenner :thumbup:

I just got these

$814-4266.jpg
They are new for 2012. The color is richer in person. They have Throrgoods new MaxWear sole on them.
" The new outsole is made of a dual density rubber compound designed for GREATER SHOCK ABSORPTION and...(here's the kicker)...a LONGER LIFE. The new outsole also meets the ASTM F 289 standards for slip resistance, just like the Vibram Cristy Wedge Sole it replaces."

As normal with Thorogood, these boots fit like a dream straight out of the box. I love these boots.

I love Carolina 3510 or 8510 (6" or 8") for good, comfortable steel toes. I waterproof them with Hubberd's Shoe Grease. Because of a recent foot surgery, I needed something lighter in weight and bought Magnum Strike Force 8.0 tactical boots. Light as sneakers, but have a composite toe.

Red Wing 4473. Black colored work boot with steel toe, fiberglass shank, 8" height (can convert to a zipper kit for getting in and out of faster). I work in a refinery which is near the ocean and have gotten these things dusty, dirty, scratched up, torn up, spilled on and crawled through equipment with. Last pair I had was 4 years old and had I taken better care of the upper section, would have probably kept wearing them. The shoe was still in decent condition except for cracking at the top from lack of care. I have this boot and another 2233 at the ready in case someone steals them, which I'm thinking will be the reason I'll need a spare set of shoes. It's a bit higher than 200 bucks but IMHO worth it.
- J

Top Bottom