What's new

Work boots

did any one mention White's Boots ???

proxy.php

I know these aren't brown but they meet all of your other criteria. I've always bought Timberland's for the style factor and now the workhorse factor. I work in the food service industry and I needed a work boot that was waterproof and oil/slip resistant. I bought a few pair of boots from Wal-mart in an attempt to find what I needed. I eventually got these one year for Christmas and have never needed anything else. The waterproof factor on these is amazing. I wore these on those 3 ft of snow days at school and never got my feet wet.

http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10965880

Appreciate the advice guys. This saved me from starting another thread about best socks to wear in boots. Thanks!

Got a pair of these (£12 for 1 pair) I'm hoping that they will prevent my feet from sweating, and in turn getting cold, then having to sit through half a day at work with uncomfortable feet.

https://www.smartwool.com/default.cfm#/Search/trekking/_/_/218/

UPDATE: Wore the SmartWool socks into work and had them on the whole day. They were better than wearing cotton socks, but I could feel my feet sweating at work, getting damp and cold as previous experiences with the cotton socks.

Glad I didnt buy 3 or 4 pairs as unfotunately they havent been the answer.

I may have to try wearing one pair for half a day then putting on a fresh pair, as mentioned on other threads :001_unsur

Last edited:
I am waiting for these to arrive in the mail.

I have been looking at these,let me know if they run true to size ,i am thinking ordering the same but i think they run half size bigger,cant beat American made boot for that price!

Last edited:
I am waiting for these to arrive in the mail.

let us know how they fit. I like that they're US made. according to their sizing chart, I would wear a 10.5. normally I wear a size 10 tennis shoe and a size 9.5 dress shoe. I hope their sizing chart is correct

^+1. I tried 12 and i wear twelve and they were like 12.5 but the width was bigger than DD so not sure if they run 0.5 larger or it was because it was extra wide. Where did you find the chart? Thanks!

I've worn Rocky boots and they sucked.

Red Wings have been good, but for the money didn't last as long as they should have.

Currently I am wearing a pair of Wolverines with great success. I HIGHLY suggest you getting a pair of insoles; massaginginsoles.com. A Godsend for concrete floors and standing all day! May take a week or so to get used to, but worth it.

I got a pair of the Danner "Power Foremen" Model ($280) they are made in the U.S. and they are gore tex lined and built with a no compromise additude towards construction they came with and foam wedge Vibram sole that did wear quickly but I had them resoled with Vibram hard rubber lug soles for $75.00 and plan on resoling them many more times I did spring for a american made model ($80.00 more) but I am a strong believer in buying American products when ever possible it might seem like a lot of money but when your talking about your feet it pays to buy good footwear and if you think about it at $75.00 a pop from retreads that last a year easily they are cost effective.

I did spring for a american made model ($80.00 more) but I am a strong believer in buying American products when ever possible it might seem like a lot of money but when your talking about your feet it pays to buy good footwear and if you think about it at $75.00 a pop from retreads that last a year easily they are cost effective.

that's a given. I was asking my brother if he had an opinion on work boots and threw out some of the names mentioned here. I told him about the Thorogood brand and how I liked that they were US made. he was at Walmart or something and the conversation steered towards US made goods vs cheap Chinese made crap that Walmart is notorious for hocking. but yes, I will support US made brands whenever possible. I was disappointed to see that even Redwing boots are made in China.

that's a given. I was asking my brother if he had an opinion on work boots and threw out some of the names mentioned here. I told him about the Thorogood brand and how I liked that they were US made. he was at Walmart or something and the conversation steered towards US made goods vs cheap Chinese made crap that Walmart is notorious for hocking. but yes, I will support US made brands whenever possible. I was disappointed to see that even Redwing boots are made in China.

I am a huge proponent of buying American-made goods, even though they often cost a bit more. However, I bought a pair of Chinese-made Red Wing workboots and I have to say the craftsmanship and build quality are really up there.

Mind you, I also own a couple pairs of American-made Red Wings (casual boots) and consider them to be some of the best quality I've seen :thumbup1:

Chinese-made goods aren't so bad every now and again, but when in doubt, go USA! :thumbup:

let us know how they fit. I like that they're US made. according to their sizing chart, I would wear a 10.5. normally I wear a size 10 tennis shoe and a size 9.5 dress shoe. I hope their sizing chart is correct

Depending on the shoe I either wear a 10.5 or an 11. (more often than not an 11) Thorogood size 11 fit me perfectly. With work boots, I usually wear a heavier sock than with most shoes, and being right between sizes like I am, I usually buy an 11.

I got a pair of the Danner "Power Foremen" Model ($280) they are made in the U.S. and they are gore tex lined and built with a no compromise additude towards construction they came with and foam wedge Vibram sole that did wear quickly but I had them resoled with Vibram hard rubber lug soles for $75.00 and plan on resoling them many more times I did spring for a american made model ($80.00 more) but I am a strong believer in buying American products when ever possible it might seem like a lot of money but when your talking about your feet it pays to buy good footwear and if you think about it at $75.00 a pop from retreads that last a year easily they are cost effective.

I considered those boots but the price is double what my Thorogoods are and I don't think the quality is any better than my Thorogoods. Also they are wayyyyy too heavy for my needs. Everyone I know who tried them got rid of them because they are too heavy.

Top Bottom