Review: Oliveology Shave Gel
1. Product name: Oliveology Shave Gel
2. Country of origin: USA
3. Container size: 8 ounce plastic bottle
4. Price: $8.00
5. Cost per ounce: $1.00
6. Fragrance: Does it have a scent? No
7. Texture: Describe the look and feel. Clear liquid gel
8. Protective: Does it protect against razor burn and chafing? Yes
9. Lubrication: Is it slippery? Did it help the razor slide smoothly? Yes
10. Efficiency: Does it do what was expected to help me shave? Yes
11. Endurance: Does it require reapplication during or between passes? Userís option. Iíve used it for a full DE shave without reapplication. With a straight razor, I opted to reapply the product between passes for better protection.
12. Washable: Does it wash off face and razor easily afterward? Yes
13. Moisturizing: Does it add/restore moisture? Yes
14. Time elapsed: How long did it take to shave, from prep to cleanup? 12 min
15. Brush lather: Will a brush make it lather in a bowl? No
16. Brush cleanup: Does it easily rinse out of a brush? Yes
17. Enjoyment: Did I enjoy the shave without a brush? Yes
18. Remarks: Iíve used this product for shaves with a single edge razor, more than one double edge razor, and with a straight razor. This is not an eccentric or inferior product. It is my opinion this product is on a par with other top shelf brushless and fragrance-free shaving gels. In my personal opinion, since I enjoy being able to use a shaving cream or soap that smells good and makes a nice thick long-lasting lather with a brush, and I eagerly go out of my way to obtain and use those lathering products, I wouldnít be a normally targeted consumer for this product. However, if anyone, whether male or female, wants a shaving product that comes in a conveniently large plastic dispenser bottle, at a reasonable price, that they can apply to their skin and shave without incident, then this product would be as good as any, and probably better and easier than some. This product does what it was made to do. When applied to the face by hand, the slickness of the Oliveology becomes quite apparent. The surface of the face remains slick throughout the shave, then easily rinses off with water. The ingredients contribute to noticeable long-lasting smoothness and high moisturization of the skin. This was a gift given to me for this review, and I will continue to use it under certain circumstances. In my case, one morning I shaved (Taylor's Rose shaving cream) with a newly-honed straight razor that was unfamiliar to me, and had been giving me a difficult time in creating a sharp shaving edge. After the shave, I realized that almost no whiskers had been removed. I had time before going to work, so I washed my face and reached for the Oliveology. I applied an ample amount, used a double edge razor, and conducted a second full shave. The result was a very smooth and uneventful DE shave that lasted all day.
. . . He went around back and into the basement because he was hungry. He ate cold beans out of a can and drank some water, and then he saw the small mirror Parker had bought with the razor and the can of lather. He looked at himself and knew he had to take a chance on staying long enough to shave. He shaved, and that made him feel better. . .