What's new

Awww. Sonofa...!

Legion

Staff member
I was just reaching for my glasses in the bathroom and I knocked my favourite razor off its stand. It fell four feet and hit the edge of the enamel bathtub where it opened. It then slid down the inside of the tub. On its edge.

Yeah, you can imagine the result. And the other thing, I am not going to have any time to even think about trying to repair it until after new year. Man.... :001_unsur

That is all. I am just here to vent.

This is the reason why I don't buy expensive custom razors.

Last edited:
Ouch!!! Sorry my man.

Well at least the blade didn't chip or break in half.

Hopefully you have others to fill the void till you get around to fixing this one.

Legion

Staff member
Yeah, I have spares.

The edge should be repairable, but man it looks ugly under the loupe.

Aaargh! One of those moments when you wish you could turn back time just a few seconds to prevent that silly mistake.:ohmy:

At least you didn't try to catch it...

I'd vent too. Too bad it was your fave. It could have been worse, though. You could have caught it halfway down. (I have actually reached for a falling straight razor).

Legion

Staff member
Micro chipping and a bit of edge distortion to the toe third of the edge. You can see it with the naked eye and under a loupe it looks horrible. If I take it back to 1k it should hone out. I hope.

OUCH! I think we can all relate to this, shaving and non shaving wise. There are few days that pass that I don't get mad at myself for something...

Sorry to hear about the mishap.

As with anything, the more we handle them, we are bound to have mishaps.
Hopefully they are small and easily overcome.

I have one blade that has a chip the size of my little finger. :sad:

Glad your will be repairable.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Micro chipping and a bit of edge distortion to the toe third of the edge. You can see it with the naked eye and under a loupe it looks horrible. If I take it back to 1k it should hone out. I hope.

I don't know if I would take down to a 1k. That might be too much. Sure if you use something higher, it will be longer but the result would be better IMO.

Legion

Staff member
I don't know if I would take down to a 1k. That might be too much. Sure if you use something higher, it will be longer but the result would be better IMO.

I suppose I could get into it with a 4k and see how it progresses. If it doesn't work I can go lower later.

Luc

Staff member
I suppose I could get into it with a 4k and see how it progresses. If it doesn't work I can go lower later.

But then... You might not want to listen to me... I just spent the last 5 days on the same straight... The edge should be awesome... That's what happens when you won't have a 4/8 combo... :scared:

But then... You might not want to listen to me... I just spent the last 5 days on the same straight... The edge should be awesome... That's what happens when you won't have a 4/8 combo... :scared:

wow Luc, you are a patient man. If I can't get a razor shave ready in 30 minutes it get's put away alone in a dark lonely place as punishment.

Luc

Staff member
wow Luc, you are a patient man. If I can't get a razor shave ready in 30 minutes it get's put away alone in a dark lonely place as punishment.

SWMBO is the patient one... So... Any of those dark side straight that you would be throwing out?? :laugh:

I had a similiar mishap, except mine went in the toilet. had the same sort of edge afterwards that you describe. I didnt have to use the 1k, my 3/8 combo did the trick. It was a real easy fix hope yours is to.

Top Bottom