What's new

Why multiple razors?

Gents,

I'm a DE shaver, but have been reading more about straight shaving recently. I've noticed that many of you guys have cases with 3 or more identical razors. I even saw one with 7 marked for each day of the week. I can understand having 2, in case one is off being honed. Is there some practical reason why you need more? :confused1

I think it's more a variety and less frequent touch ups things. I've been using my only shave ready straight for 3 weeks, skipped only 2 days where I didn't shave and I am thinking it is needing a touch up. If I had 2 that I was rotating I'd be halfway to a touch up, if I rotated 3 I'd be 1/3 of the way to a touch up...

Plus this is my first 3 weeks of straight shaving which could be why it's already needing a touch up. heh.

Seven day sets were created for "the wealthy" who had their razors professionally honed, 1-2 times a year. Rotating 7 identical razors allowed "a gentleman" to develop a feel and skill with his particular razor and only required stropping for daily use. It's a "style" that still has validity today, for some.

Ken

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I have (more than) seven different razors, so no one gets used more than once a week, but I couldn't imagine using a seven day set of identical razors.

I only use a single razor.. I do have 10 razors but find myself only using a single razor. I also am a compulsive "collector" so when I get into something I tend to collect certain items.

Because they are out there and they need homes. They need to be saved from rusting into dust. Plus, you take care of your razors and your razors will take care of you. Finally, this obsession is a great way to scare friends and loved ones.

Gents,

I'm a DE shaver, but have been reading more about straight shaving recently. I've noticed that many of you guys have cases with 3 or more identical razors. I even saw one with 7 marked for each day of the week. I can understand having 2, in case one is off being honed. Is there some practical reason why you need more? :confused1

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a good excuse.........:tongue_sm

Why does this lion lick himself? because he can.

proxy.php

Seriously. Each one is different however slight or great, and some are more rare than others. The first one I shaved with, the first one that sliced my thumb open, these must be kept. Yet others are given as gifts and I can't bear to part with. In truth I could ditch all but one and be happy for life, but, why?

Gents,

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a good excuse.........:tongue_sm

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Easy now, guys- remember the "child looking over your shoulder" rule.

Top Bottom