What's new

Show us your Japanese Natural Whetstones

Im waiting now 3 more Jnats , i will keep posting .

I to have been toying with JNAT's as well, I contacted Alex but currently he is out of the country so waiting to hear back from him
Alex is expert and knows stones and everything abbout Jnats .
Someone tell me that Alex just return from Japan and he was bringing lot of stones and naguras with him .
I wonder as he is skinny guy how he can carry so many stones at once :lol:
Anyway keep truyng to reach , maybe you will not regrett

Im waiting now 3 more Jnats , i will keep posting .

Alex is expert and knows stones and everything abbout Jnats .
Someone tell me that Alex just return from Japan and he was bringing lot of stones and naguras with him .
I wonder as he is skinny guy how he can carry so many stones at once :lol:
Anyway keep truyng to reach , maybe you will not regrett

Been talking with him in several emails and will give him a call on my way home to discuss what stone needs to be my first :thumbup:

I picked up this stone a couple weeks back. I think I've had 6-8 razors across it at this time.
It was sold as an Okudo Suita. Regardless, it's super hard, flat, and has performed very well.
I have been refreshing edges using Tenjyou and Mejiro Asano Nagura, then finishing with water only.

I had an Ozuku Asagi previously but I find the Okudo a better fit.

proxy.php

I picked up this stone a couple weeks back. I think I've had 6-8 razors across it at this time.
It was sold as an Okudo Suita. Regardless, it's super hard, flat, and has performed very well.
I have been refreshing edges using Tenjyou and Mejiro Asano Nagura, then finishing with water only.

I had an Ozuku Asagi previously but I find the Okudo a better fit.

proxy.php

Pretty stone!

I have 2 new autstanding , hight quality kiitas , old Jnats .They are thin stones but the quality is outstanding and so are the edges

$SIMG0002.jpg

$SIMG0008.jpg

$SIMG0009.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Nice looking kiitas that you have there Rusen, congratulations! Now if you just had some tomos to go with them.... Oh wait!

Cheers, Steve

Steve ,i have tomo naguras , already for all of them
A frend of mine from Knoxville send me a big box of ausome things and many tomos :001_rolle
The speed of the second kiita that is glued to a padle is enourmous . Ive never seen such of strong or fast cuting stone
Could this be some kind of suita . as the slurry turns black , not gray , black for a seconds .
The smaller kiita is ylta hard and veeeeery fine wih normal speed for J nat
I have another padled kiita as the new one and is very close performer , but is slightly slower and coarser .The new padled stone is outsanding

Last edited:

Steve56

No, not a suita. There are many tomae strata stones, kiita, asagi, that are incredibly fast. That big Maruka kiita of mine is like that, full of grit and as fast as a suita. And unlike my suitas, it cuts hard steel like SLD very well. These stones are one reason we like JNats so well.

Cheers, Steve

Intresting thing is that it cuts also on a plain water as the metall became black in the water and it get on piles in the water . The padled Kita is slightly thursty and suck a very small quantity of water , but is hard and cuts ultra fast . I never see a coticule to cut so fast
I get those 2 stones on amazing prise and they have a lot of life in them .
my other Kiita i lapp it few times with the DMT extra coarse and raise slurry many times , as i like to play in the mud . From 7 mm is now 5 and a half maybe , after so many exesive laping .
It is very hard to thin the stone doun with the Diamon plate .
Intresting thing is that my padled kiita is still well and in good shape , but the DMT extra coarse is almost death now .
I use it only for slurry raising

Steve56

Beautiful! If it's from Alex it will be a wonderful stone. I'd chamfer the edges and corners on that nagura though.

Cheers, Steve

I have 1 new Jnat and 2 naguras , unstamped micawas - Botan and Mejiro , or the seller say so .
The biggest koppa is assagi from tomae i think level4 ,14.5 x 8.5 x 2 sm , very fine and a fast stone
The smalest barber hone size is 14.5 x 6.5 x 1 sm is ultra fine and fast stone levell 5 with nashiji and it has cawa on the back
The naguras are softer , fast and smoooth as the 2 koppas are smooth also

$SIMG0001.jpg

$SIMG0004.jpg

$SIMG0017.jpg

$SIMG0014.jpg

Pot calling the kettle black if I've ever seen it.... lol

I did not understand that

You've got it bad!

Yeap bad case of a Jnatus HADictus with the worst complication ever ,man . May the mercyfull God, Chessus Crist , keep you sain and healthy from that desease .Nasty **** .

Top Bottom