What's new

Changing your rig?

Hi everyone,

I'm curious to know how many of you have found it necessary to change your shave setup, in the sense that you initially found a blade that worked really well but recently not so much?

Case in point: I discovered Asco blades a few months ago and I've been using them to this point getting great results, but lately I find that I've been getting a lot of razor burn and irritation while using them. I don't know if some characteristic of my facial hair or skin has changed to cause this, but I have some other different blades on order (Astras + Bluebirds) and I'm going to see if those fix the problem.

- ice

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hi everyone,

I'm curious to know how many of you have found it necessary to change your shave setup, in the sense that you initially found a blade that worked really well but recently not so much?

Case in point: I discovered Asco blades a few months ago and I've been using them to this point getting great results, but lately I find that I've been getting a lot of razor burn and irritation while using them. I don't know if some characteristic of my facial hair or skin has changed to cause this, but I have some other different blades on order (Astras + Bluebirds) and I'm going to see if those fix the problem.

- ice
Ice:
I'm always changing my blades and have invested in a Blade Sampler to see what blade is comfy with my face. I don't think I will change my razors (Merkur's 23C & 38C), or my brushes (FS Silvertip, C-M Pure & Parker Black Bader brushes), or my soap (Chelsea's Unscented).

But most shaving problems may not always be angle or technique issue, but maybe the blades. It's good of you to order a Sampler...believe me...your face will love you :001_tt1:

Christopher :badger:

Top Bottom