What's new

Is this a 'NEW' BOSTONIAN or just a 'NEW'?

Just got this on the Big E.

The seller was selling with a description of a 'NEW' BOSTONIAN.

It says NEW on the case so I figure that is all it is.

I think I still got a good deal on it.

A Bostonian looks different, right?

Thanks

View attachment 135883

it's all in the case. the same model razor (common thick bar handle) was used in several different sets- defined by the case it came in (red and black, bue and gold, bostonian.) the set you're showing is the regent. on mr-razor's website he show the regent with a different handle.

Last edited:
I have this set and it's a ball handle, not the bar handle. It's a nice set and you really never quite know with Gillette. :thumbup1:

-jim

I have this set and it's a ball handle, not the bar handle. It's a nice set and you really never quite know with Gillette. :thumbup1:

-jim

+1

it´s called "Regent" and comes with a ball end handle:

proxy.php

Most of Gillette's "premium" razors prior to WWII were the same razor in a different case. Achim's set is a Regent because it is a NEW razor with ball handle packaged in the Regent case with the correct blade safe.

Yours has the bar handle, which was not part of the Regent package . . . although the other elements are correct for a Regent.

We see the same situation with earlier versions of the Bostonian (and others) where it is a New Standard razor housed in the special Bostonian case.

I believe the Tuckaway and Big Fellow were the only premium razor that were substantially different than the other deluxe models.

Top Bottom