Thread: Yes, we have a B&M store

Images

Default Yes, we have a B&M store

We get this request a lot, so I thought I'd respond here. Yes, we do have a B&M store. When we moved into our new location earlier this year, we made sure we had room for a walk-in store. Normal hours are 9:00 - 2:30 M-F. Evenings and weekends by appointment. Dee and Lisa can help with purchases, but Christine and I know the products the best. It's best to call to make sure Christine or I will be in the office. Our schedules vary each day.

So if you're in the area stop on by at:

5877 Pine Ave, Ste 220
    Chino Hills, CA 91709

Awesome, look forward to stopping in sometime

Images

I dropped in yesterday to buy myself some Christmas presents: a Simpson Classic 2, Valobra stick, Alt Innsbruck, and a backup Speick splash. John wasn't in, so I missed meeting him. But it was great to see the brushes in person and pick out the one preferred. I also enabled a friend into buying some sticks and a blade sampler.
    gear | FAQ | google B&B | vendor search | shaving jazz
    "...freckled corporals who had but lately begun to shave..." C.S. Lewis, Perelandra

Images

Cool set up there, it's up stairs and is labeled West Coast Shaving. Don't do what I did and just walked into one of the other offices in the building. I forgot to tell you about that

5. Default

Pics!!
    - Joel
    joel (at) badgerandblade.com

Damn! I wish I would have known about this earlier. I was down in Pomona for 3 days visting a relative. Chino Hills is like right next door haha
    -David

Images

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Pics!!
    Deal, I'll post some this next week. I'm heading in sometime today and will snap a few.

Quote Originally Posted by davegt666 View Post
    Damn! I wish I would have known about this earlier. I was down in Pomona for 3 days visting a relative. Chino Hills is like right next door haha
    Sorry about that. I need to make it more clear on the site. Will do that shortly. Stop by next time you're in town. Free espresso (Nespresso espresso)!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by letterk View Post
    Deal, I'll post some this next week. I'm heading in sometime today and will snap a few.

Sorry about that. I need to make it more clear on the site. Will do that shortly. Stop by next time you're in town. Free espresso (Nespresso espresso)!
    Oh come on now John, at least get a super-auto for your fine customers!
    - Joel
    joel (at) badgerandblade.com

Images

You have a store?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    You have a store?
    Yes, but we have a strict "No Austin" rule.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Oh come on now John, at least get a super-auto for your fine customers!
    Ha! You know where the super-auto is.

And pics added to this thread.

Images

Hello All!

I just thought I would share my great experience at LetterK's B&M West Coast Shaving Store in Chino Hills, Ca.

I went on Wednesday, Dec 22, 2010 to buy my Christmas "gifts" from my wife. She gives me a nice amount to spend on whatever I want at Christmas, so I decided to get my shave den soaps for the year.

I have to tell you that they have a very nice office, not huge, but right-sized for primarily a web business. I was helped by Lisa, who was VERY nice and accomodating. I wanted to smell, see a few different things, and she was really patient with me. I smelled most of DR Harris Offerings, and a few TOBS. I also sniffed the Alt Innsbruck, and a few Trumper scents.

I finally chose a Trumper Violet Soap puck, DR Harris Arlington Soap, a Valobra Menthol (they were OOS of Almond), 4 blade banks, a razor for my wife, 100 SHARP blades to re-gift, a Valobra Stick, a Provence Sante Verlaine Soap Puck, a TOBS Shaving Shop Tub and a Proraso Sensitive Tub.

If I would have had the funds I would have spent ALOT more there - as I write this I have my eye on a Shavemac #177 in Finest.

I liked the familial style of the store, for example when the PC would not cooperate Lisa was able to call Christine who walked her through the sale. I even got some advice from Christine on which razor to buy for my wife, and got her a Merkur HD, (which she loves!).

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. I didn't feel pressured to finish my business quickly and was encouraged to "browse" what I had on my list. I would say though that if you do visit the B&M, make sure to have a list of items that you want to sniff, & see. Not everything is displayed, so a list was invaluable for me, and as patient as Lisa is with you, you should reciprocate with her during the cash-out.

Make sure to call before you go, as things can get a little hectic around there during boxing / shipping...also they may be at lunch, so be sure to call first.

All in all it was a great outing and I wound up with virtually everything I wanted, except the Valobra Almond. Great store, Great service, and a fun place to visit that has almost everything under one roof.

Cheers!
    Matt

"To all who come to this '[I]Happy Place[/I]', Welcome!"
    --Walt Disney