What's new

Worst shave cream ever

Up to now, I can't really say I've used a cream that was unfit for the purpose of shaving.

The worst so far was Rilanja. Usable, but I don't like the scent nor its moisturizing properties.

Anything Edwin Jagger.

What issues did you have with EJ? I just acquired a tube of Sea Buckthorn and it performs very nicely, although I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It smells more like a certain kind of potpourri than something I want to shave my face with.

What issues did you have with EJ? I just acquired a tube of Sea Buckthorn and it performs very nicely, although I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It smells more like a certain kind of potpourri than something I want to shave my face with.

Maybe I was a little bit too hard since I can actually get a good shave out of EJ but there is something with the consistency and the way it feels that freaks me out. Also there is also a common smell in all their creams that do not agree with me.

Maybe I was a little bit too hard since I can actually get a good shave out of EJ but there is something with the consistency and the way it feels that freaks me out. Also there is also a common smell in all their creams that do not agree with me.

Odd, I never noticed anything different about the consistency. It may be that while the rest of the world has fallen for their deception, you alone experience the cream in its true state, with overtones of horror and madness which stem from the terrible, dark methods of production from the German countryside where children wander off and return with shocking ailments, and occasionally entire families disappear forever from the sunlit surface.

I can understand the smell issue, though. If I had to describe it, it would be a very synthetic "green" note that bothers me.

Herben Cowboy - absolute crap.

Last time I saw this was at my local dollar store. It's not even worth that.

I can't think of any use for it. :thumbdown

If you happen to end up with a tube of Cade, don't throw it away. I ordered a puck of Cade soap early on in my SAD. I knew the soap got rave reviews, and for good reason. I thought while I was at the site, I would pick up the cream too. Didn't bother to read the reviews here first. Never will make that mistake again, pitiful cream. Now, about 2 years later, the soap has lost all its scent, but still works and smells wonderful when used as a superlather with the cream.

Jeff

Now, about 2 years later, the soap has lost all its scent, but still works and smells wonderful when used as a superlather with the cream.

That's not a bad idea. I think Cade soap loses its scent very quickly. I bought a puck and it was almost scentless out of the shrinkwrap. It's a shame; I hear good things about the scent.

I got a tube of cade cream as a birthday present recently along with the soap, shower gel and balm. God the cream is rubbish, the rest of the stuff is fine but the cream just wont lather. I use it in the shower to wash my face on the odd day I don't shave, doesn't dry the skin at all.

If you happen to end up with a tube of Cade, don't throw it away. I ordered a puck of Cade soap early on in my SAD. I knew the soap got rave reviews, and for good reason. I thought while I was at the site, I would pick up the cream too. Didn't bother to read the reviews here first. Never will make that mistake again, pitiful cream. Now, about 2 years later, the soap has lost all its scent, but still works and smells wonderful when used as a superlather with the cream.
Jeff

This gives me some hope. Thanks for the idea Jeff!

Cade cream gets a bad rap. If you can't get a good lather with it, try a bit more than usual. I got a tube for Christmas last year and, after a bit of experimentation, I've had good results with it. Smells great.

Herben Cowboy - absolute crap.

Last time I saw this was at my local dollar store. It's not even worth that.

I can't think of any use for it. :thumbdown

+1 I picked it up at a dollar store figuring what do I have to lose? Turns out the answer was most of the skin on my face.

Top Bottom