What's new

Coffee Beans (April Edition)

Greetings all,

Once again I am in the mood to reduce my stash and spread some good mojo so it is time to give away a box of green beans. Tomorrow morning I will look into my plastic bins and withdraw at least 5 pounds of assorted green beans. I will include 3 or more different varieties depending on what is on hand.

I am offering this free of cost and I will pay the shipping to get it to you. If you are interested, send me a PM indicating you want in. At 9 AM (EDT) Monday morning, 4-23, I will pick a number using www.random.org . The order in which I receive your pm will determine the number assigned to you and the total number of people that respond, obviously will set the range.

These beans are all varieties I have roasted and enjoyed tremendously; it is just that I now have well over 100# of beans and more great offerings are on the horizon for me in the next few weeks so I need to at least try to convince SWMBO that I need what I buy. (This is very much like the "why do you need 20+ brushes, cremes, razors, soaps, etc." conversations that occur in my house).

-Scott

Howard,

Check out www.coffeegeek.com for some general info and ideas. Some people use popcorn poppers, others use heat guns aimed into a dog bowl. I have read of people using skillets or even a baking dish in their oven. There are numerous ways to do it. Some present some challenges, such as controlling chafe dispersal or other types of things.

There are a few threads in this forum that will cover some methods from a high level perspective. Just search coffee roaster and you should see some. PM me if you need help or more details.

-Scott

As the beneficiary of Scott's first coffee giveaway, I say good luck to all! May the winner enjoy some great roasts and excellent cups of coffee! Thanks for your generosity Scott!:thumbup:

I'm in, too! My first coffee roasting experience was using a hot air popcorn popper. It is better done outdoors, but will produce great results and spoil you to the point of disliking store-bought.

Thanks to Scott for spreading the joy.

Dave Keith

BUMP......

13 names so far....I'm sitting here sipping an iced coffee now that temps have returned to springtime weather. The sun is shining, the coffee is tasty and the Red Sox have taken 2 so far from the Evil Empire. The only way things could get better are......(not going there....:biggrin: )

Get your name PM'd to me if you are interested.

-Scott

14 names submitted so 1 more than last month. I assigned numbers 1 - 14 to the PMs received based upon the order they were received. Now for what some of you have been waiting for, based on random.org's randomness this morning, the new soon to be owner of 5# of green beans is B & B's own Dr. Samples, Scotto.

I'll PM the specifics to you.

-Scott

Top Bottom