Thread: Online Picture Hosting

Images

Default Online Picture Hosting

I notice that there are quite a few services (both free and $ subscription) which allow pictures to be posted online. I see forum members utilizing different ones and I am wondering what the popular opinion is as far as experiences go. I will be signing up for one of them and advice is appreciated. I kind of like snugmug, but I value the feedback I get here..........

Thanks in advance,

-Scott
    Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

If you just want to post random pictures here and there and don't need a gallery of your pictures, then I'd say http://www.tinypic.com would be a good one.

B&B has a gallery system if you'll just be posting stuff here -- I'd feel bad about using up the bandwidth elsewhere.

http://www.flickr.com seems to be a sort of "social" gallery. I've only clicked around it here and there when I get links to specific pictures, but it seems like a neat site.

I've got 500 gb of web space and 2 terabytes of bandwidth a month so whenever I want to host a picture it's not an issue.

Images

I use B&B for photos to be shown on this site. For everything else, it's flickr. I pay for the pro account and it's worth every penny. Just about the easiest site to use, both on the front end and the back end.

Lightbulb

Smugmug is one of the best, but I personally use BytePhoto, which is free. They also allow me to hot link my pictures to other sites, while some sites get extremely upset when you try to do that.

http://www.bytephoto.com/

Tim

Images

I've used the free service from Photobucket. It has worked great for everything from Ebay to posting images on forums. No complaints here.

+1 on the Photobucket suggestion.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein

Smugmus is my choice. Check out my site.
    Regards, Dennis
    Houston, TX