What's new

When to use a Face Wash?

When your face is dirty.

I don't use a facewash, but wouldn't really want any exfolliating type stuff on my face after a shave.

I'd use it first, the more opportunity for your whiskers to be exposed to water before shaving the better in my opinion.

Before...In fact, the night before and not the day of. To go further, don't do it everyday either. Pure, simple warm water is the best face wash you can get.

Agreed- a lot of face washes are based with surfactants (sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate), which are quite stripping and drying. I think it would be a lot for newly shaved skin to deal with, even with an ASB if used after.

You have a luxurious lather that you are shaving with, why do you need anything else?

If you wash your face before shaving, you are getting rid of skin and oils that may result in a less comfortable shave.

If you really need to, wash with it the night before -( or the morning after) shaving

Before...In fact, the night before and not the day of. To go further, don't do it everyday either. Pure, simple warm water is the best face wash you can get.

My slightly oily face does not agree.

I use face wash whenever I'm in the shower, and I shave after I shower. So I do it pre shave.

I use it in the morning in the the shower(pre-shave) and at night before bed. Everyone has different skin so you should really do what works best for your skin.

Top Bottom