What's new

Purchase Norton 4000/8000

I am sure this has been asked a lot in the past , but can someone please tell me where in the States is the best place to purchase a Norton 4000/8000 stone.

Regards Alan

Here's the cheapest I found and just bought one myself.
www.holbren.com. $65 and free shipping.

If you search the shaving mall section, you'll find places to buy many things - Holbren is listed as an option there. I bought one from there a while back and they provide great service. If you're in the US, the free ground shipping applies. If you're in Northern Ireland, or anywhere outside the US for that matter, there will be a shipping charge. If it gets to be too high, you can try The Perfect Edge. You have to email first to order from there but many people can attest to his great service.

I recieved my 4 and 8k combo norton today. Ordered it through holbren on the 29th, great price and free shipping. Also got a flattening stone. Thanks for the heads up about holbren Dennis, you saved me about $28.

I recieved my 4 and 8k combo norton today. Ordered it through holbren on the 29th, great price and free shipping. Also got a flattening stone. Thanks for the heads up about holbren Dennis, you saved me about $28.

Let me know how you like the flattening stone. I debated whther to get one and decided not to.

Probably going to put my straight to the wetstones tomorrow. I will give you an update Dennis on how the flatstone works. I think its worth the purchase even though from time to time you have to reflatten its surface with the sandpaper to flat plate glass method.

Clayton

Definately lap your wetstones because mine were not flat even though they were brand new. Dennis the flattening stone worked great. Just my own personal opinion but I think the $19.95 for the stone is worth it, it took about 15 minutes to flatten both sides of the norton. Ended up with a real good edge on my wald solingen straight. It was so sharp I cut myself twice without really trying :lol:. Now I just have to work on my technique.

Clayton

Thanks Clayton. I'll go ahead and do it. This might explain why I was having to spend such a loooong time trying to sharpen mine and then only getting so-so results.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
When you use the stone fixer, remember to bevel the edges all around your Norton.

Top Bottom