What's new

Thayers Lavender a lil too strong...

After a few years of using generic Witch Hazel or sometime Dickinsons. I ordered a bottle of Rose Petal Thayers. I was almost out and decided to get a bottle of Lavender . Ah i think its a little to strong for me however on cotton round pad i notice it was more effective in cleaning than the Rose Petal as they was some Gunk left on the Cotton Pad. However the smell is just to strong i can taste it in mouth and is slightly irritating my eyes. Any ways to dilute this stuff with out ruining any of the benefits.

Thayer's Lavender is my favorite ... I apply it generously by pouring it into the palm of my hand and splashing it on. Not just my beard area, but all over my face, and all around my neck.

Is it the smell you find too strong? Try one of the other flavors. But if you find it is irritating your skin or something, just dilute it by soaking your cotton ball in water first.

Yes its the smell i can actually taste it in my mouth even still and i applied it close to an hour ago. I did apply it all over my face an forehead.

Thayer's Lavender is my favorite ... I apply it generously by pouring it into the palm of my hand and splashing it on. Not just my beard area, but all over my face, and all around my neck.

Is it the smell you find too strong? Try one of the other flavors. But if you find it is irritating your skin or something, just dilute it by soaking your cotton ball in water first.

I like it, too. The rose petal has a less pronounced smell - but both do a great job.

I've only been able to find Thayer's plain, super medicated and cucumber... I would LOVE to find the Lavender or even the rose. The Super Medicated I have smells so... medicinal. (whoda thunk it?)

Dilute with generic which hazel?

If you are experiencing discomfort after hours, and still taste the smell, you may have a mild allergy to an ingredient.

Phil

Thayers Lavender was my first and I love it. Witch Hazel generally lasts me quite a while even though I use it after each and every shave. The last time I ran out of lavender, I replaced it with the Super Medicated variety which, while effective and having the added alcohol ingredient, adds a bit of burn to the application and has a very medicinal scent which cannot fade quickly enough for me. I am happy that it is nearly finished so I can get more lavender ... unless I can find the cucumber scent. All things are not for all people though and I can understand the OP's concern. I would agree with Pkrankow and dilute with generic Witch Hazel to maintain the effectiveness while muting the fragrance somewhat.

Last edited:
I've only been able to find Thayer's plain, super medicated and cucumber... I would LOVE to find the Lavender or even the rose. The Super Medicated I have smells so... medicinal. (whoda thunk it?)

they should have the Lavender and rose at GNC

I don't have a GNC here, but next time I'm "in the City" I'll have to take a look.

I did ask the health food place here that has some Thayers if they ever get those and she said they do, just this time around they got the cucumber.

I prefer Dickinsons. I tried the Thayers Lavender, but didn't like it. My wife didn't like the Lavender either and is sticking with Sea Breeze to clean her face. I want to try the Thayer's After Shave WH, but the GNC I checked the other day doesn't carry that one. I guess I'll have to breakdown and order it online.

You can get good prices on the Internet at such vitamin stores as Swansons and others.
Shipping's the killer when ordering just 1 bottle. I wound up ordering from an amazon merchant. I should have added it to my last WCS order, but forgot.

I like both the rose and the lavender as well. I have not found the lavender to be to strong even though it is a bit stronger than the rose. On me, the scent is gone very soon.

Regards,

Doug

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My beautiful swmbo is a manager of GNC and provides me with all the wonderful flavors. :)

But to those wishing to ty this wonderful distilled elixer, you can actually buy a sampler pack from their website that contains 9 2 oz bottles of every single scent. for $16.95.

Pick out the scents you like, and the ones you don't well, your not losing much out of a 2 oz bottle. And their easy to give away.

http://thayers.com/store/

http://www.thayers.com/store/?main_page=index&cPath=4

Top Bottom