What's new

Xbox 360 classics.

What's your favorite games, from current to past, xmas is coming, and I just bought dead space 2, and looking to buy some old games to keep me going over the festive period, so hit me with some games, shoot them up I love?

Call of Duty series
Halo series
Fall Out series
GTA 4
Assassin's Creed series
Left 4 Dead
BioShock 1 & 2
Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Gears of War 1 & 2

What's your favorite games, from current to past, xmas is coming, and I just bought dead space 2, and looking to buy some old games to keep me going over the festive period, so hit me with some games, shoot them up I love?

How do you have Dead Space 2 it doesn't come out for the UK until January 28?:blink: Anyway Call of Duty 4 (the best) , Halo 3 and Reach, both Assassin's Creeds, Gears of War 1&2, Forza series, Left 4 dead 1&2, Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2, Ghost Recon Advanced Fighter 1&2, and maybe Project Gotham Racing 3&4 (2 being the best).

It depends on what you're into. My personal recommendations would be Assassin's Creed II, Bioshock (the original), Mass Effect, Batman: Arkham Asylum.

elder scrolls oblivion is what made me replace my 360's up through the third one. bought every expansion and add on for it, then bought them all over again for PC.

There have been some excellent recommendations. I would like to add Borderlands to the list. It's goofy FPS/RPG fun with a ton of DLC.

Left 4 dead I & II, The orange box collection

While these are great games, if you have a computer that will run them then I wouldn't recommend them on the 360. The Orange Box, for example, includes Team Fortress 2. This is one of my favorite FPS's ever, and I've been playing it since it was released in late 2007. There have been a multitude of updates to TF2 since it was released, almost to the point that there has been an entire game's worth of content added. Because of the costs associated with pushing updates through Microsoft, nearly none of these updates have made it to the Xbox 360.

My favorites have been Oblivion, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, GTA IV, both Gears of War games, and both Fallout games.

You mean you bought Dead Space 1. Dead Space 2 doesnt come out till January 25th.

For your money Half Life Orange Box is one of the best deals. Half-Life 2 is one of the greatest shooters ever(although a little dated now the story is fantastic). There are 5 games and you can find it for around $10.

Other good ones you can find for around $20.00(most have already been mentioned)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Resident Evil 5
Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Mass Effect 2 will probably win game of the year. Definitely worth checking out! I also bought Assassins Creed 2 for $20.00 and having lots of fun with that game.

Oh and Dead space should keep you busy for a while really enjoyed that game. So creepy...

Opps, your right, read about d/s 2, bought d/s 1, i should read my posts before posting:huh:

I would get Fable 2. Should be able to get it for 20 bucks by now. Fable 3 is out so 2 shouldn't be that expensive.

Fable 2 is my favorite single player game on xbox followed by mass effect 1

All the Call of Duty games
Batman Arkham Asylum
Bioshock 1
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Gears of War 1 & 2
Assassin's Creed 1 & 2
Rainbow Six Vegas 1
Halo 3

Those were the ones that really stuck with me.

Here's another one you can most likely pick up for cheap: Far Cry 2
It was rated 8.5/10 on gamespot.com and it has plenty of FPS mercenary action, if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm going to be naming a few off ones that haven't been mentioned yet (since a lot of what I was going to say has already been listed. =P )

Tenchu Z = I like stealth games, and you get to be a ninja assassin! There is nothing more rewarding than slowly whittling away at the castle guards numbers, surprising them, killing them, hiding their bodies, then assassinating the target without ever being seen. Be warned, however, that some missions can take a while (at least 20 minutes for some of the fast ones, 45 minutes or more for others) depending on how thorough you want to be (killing all the enemies, finding all hidden items, etc.).

Darksiders = Not the most challenging game, but I enjoyed it. Decent hack and slash.

Darkvoid = If you can find a used copy/rent it, give it a try. It's short, but the jetpack flying areas are a lot of fun. However, I would never consider paying full price for it.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1) = If you like comic books, you'll like this! There has been some DLC to add a bunch of new characters and villains to the game, like The Hulk, Dr. Doom, Sabertooth, Magneto, Cyclops, HawkEye, etc. The story is pure comic book fare, plenty of characters to unlock, and it can get challenging in the later levels. Also, being able to switch around your team depending on the challenge/boredom you face is a nice feature. Also, depending on which 4 characters you have in your party, you'll get different dialogue with villains through out the game.

My personal favorite team is Captain America (good group buffs, a decent ranged attack, and pretty good melee. Besides, he's Captain America!), Spider-Man (I build him for melee, as he already has pretty good ranged attacks to make him versatile, he is able to get in and out of combat quickly, good for bosses with hit and run attacks), Thor (Area of Effect damage lets him take out large groups of weak enemies quickly, and powerful single target attacks for tough enemies), and Ice Man (one of the best ranged attackers in the game with the best damage/power ratio, his attacks also slow enemies, great for making bosses easier to hit). Thor and Spider-Man also have super strength, so they can clear obstacles, Thor can fly (makes some puzzles super easy), Spider-Man can web around, and Ice Man can cruise on ice. There are plenty of other great teams (The Fantastic 4 team almost makes the game unfair with their synergy) and characters (Luke Cage and Dr. Strange come to mind), but is my favorite set up.

Can you tell I'm a nerd who put way too much thought into tactics? =P

Top Bottom