What's new

Brush Chronicles #5: The Simpsons Duke 2

I really don't like this thread :sneaky2:

Just when I thought I wouldn't buy any more brushes for a while this thead shows up, and make me want that Duke so bad!

Give me strenght to wait til over christmas!

I really don't like this thread :sneaky2:

Just when I thought I wouldn't buy any more brushes for a while this thead shows up, and make me want that Duke so bad!

Give me strenght to wait til over christmas!

Maybe the Berkeley will tide you over?

(Holds hand up tentatively) I think the Swmbo got me one for Xmas..:thumbup1:

Incorrigible, Brian! You are incorrigible! :biggrin1: Your fate was written as soon as you hit Subscribe on this thread.

Admit it, Brian. You had your e-mail all set up to autoforward the e-mail notifications to Mrs. brianw. :lol:

(hangs head and kicks at the dirt):blushing::blushing: Yeah I'm hopeless, although not as hopeless as Beginish:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey....I resemble that remark!

:blushing:Well pictures of the Duke 2, pinned to her pillow, stuck to her windshield, wallpaper on her computer, background on her phone, hung on the bathroom mirror... might have given her a hint:blush::blush::blush::blush:

Mine just arrived from TheSuperiorShave. I got one of their two band ones. It is very Bulby. One of the most bulb-shaped brushes I've owned. Use will tell if that bothers me. The hair is the same as the Super 2 band. I can't tell a difference anyway. Performance will definitely not be a problem. How I like the face feel will determine what I think of this brush.

Density is a bit more than my 3 band Best Berkeley (46), but not near as much as my 3 band Best Chubby 1. How much of that is the difference between a Duke and a Chubby and how much is the difference between Simpson's 2 band and 3 band knots is the question. It is a bit denser than my Grosvenor LE (2 band super) was.

(Holds hand up tentatively) I think the Swmbo got me one for Xmas..:thumbup1:

Fantastic stuff Brian- congratulations! I'm sure that you won't be disappointed (unless, of course, that small rectangular package holds a gold bar and not a Duke :biggrin1:)

Mine just arrived from TheSuperiorShave. I got one of their two band ones. It is very Bulby. One of the most bulb-shaped brushes I've owned. Use will tell if that bothers me. The hair is the same as the Super 2 band. I can't tell a difference anyway. Performance will definitely not be a problem. How I like the face feel will determine what I think of this brush. Density is a bit more than my 3 band Best Berkeley (46), but not near as much as my 3 band Best Chubby 1. How much of that is the difference between a Duke and a Chubby and how much is the difference between Simpson's 2 band and 3 band knots is the question. It is a bit denser than my Grosvenor LE (2 band super) was.

Very interesting! I have heard that a few of their Best brushes turn out to be more like Two-bands. And bulb-shaped too! Well, I think we learned from the earlier Simpsons thread that if you're not happy with the brush you can send it to Simpsons and they'll do their best to make it right.

What that gorgeous knot looks like when fully in bloom: :thumbup1:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great pictures Hunter- many thanks!

I put the Duke to work on a new soap puck this morning- to great effect.

proxy.php

Thank you for your interest and attention, Gentlemen. It has been a pleasure to have been able to join with Hunter to bring you this instalment of The Brush Chronicles. This thread will remain open and I will certainly check back in regularly to see if there are more updates. Please feel free to add your thoughts, photos or even questions.
This has been a fun couple of weeks............... but tomorrow I will be using a different brush :blush:

The Duke stands out in the crowd!

proxy.php

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Fantastic segment of the Brush Chronicles. I have re-wrapped my Duke 3 and placed it under the tree so I can enjoy it all over again.

Great job fellas.

Thanks for an excellent Chronicle, Hunter and David. All the reasons why the Duke is so loved were to be found in this thread. It is a great ending to the Chronicles for 2010. We will kick off 2011 with....a Shavemac. Which one is yet to be decided.

Top Bottom