What's new

barber school

Does anyone know how to get a grant for barber school? I have searched online but really didn't get anywhere.

A) Contact your state's barber board

B) Contact a barber college you are interested in and ask them if they are eligible to receive federal financial aid. If so, go online to www.studentloans.gov and fill out the FAFSA. You will then get a Student Aid Report (SAR) which will tell you what, if any, government grants and loans you are eligible for.

Good luck!

-Greg

I looked into this some years ago. The best thing to do is narrow down a few schools and call the schools (this is your starting point, not necessarily your ending point).

In other words the schools are aware of all the programs (if any) because they have an incentive to sign up students.

Also I'll tll you what my old barber told me: the profession is hard on the back. So it's probably not a good profession if you have back problems!

A) Contact your state's barber board

B) Contact a barber college you are interested in and ask them if they are eligible to receive federal financial aid. If so, go online to www.studentloans.gov and fill out the FAFSA. You will then get a Student Aid Report (SAR) which will tell you what, if any, government grants and loans you are eligible for.

Good luck!

-Greg

Great advice! When you submit the FAFSA, I think you can get the results sent to specific schools you have interest in. There are Cosmetology schools that do participate in the Federal Pell Grant system, so this may also work for Barber Schools.

Great advice! When you submit the FAFSA, I think you can get the results sent to specific schools you have interest in. There are Cosmetology schools that do participate in the Federal Pell Grant system, so this may also work for Barber Schools.
Yes, you are absolutely correct!

Top Bottom