What's new

The Holy Grail

Excuse my ignorance, but why did it sell for so much?! Looking at the BIN request messages, it's nice to see people are still trying the "my dad wants/had one of these so could I have it for less than it might go for"??

Man that is one beautiful razor. :thumbup: I heard that razor has a degree of adjustment to make it more aggressive?

Yes, that's correct. I don't think it has as many settings as a Gillette Adjustable, but it does have a magnet in the handle for picking up blades :001_cool:

Excuse my ignorance, but why did it sell for so much?! Looking at the BIN request messages, it's nice to see people are still trying the "my dad wants/had one of these so could I have it for less than it might go for"??

The Eclipse Red Ring has an excellent reputation, is built like a tank and is quite sought-after. The unique head design makes it a pleasure to shave with, by all accounts, and it was adjustable over twenty years before Gillette developed that feature. They're not all that rare but demand exceeds the supply enough to push the prices up.

I didn't think I'd have to pay that much, to be honest; I was expecting it to go for around £100. The prices are only going to rise as they get snapped up so it made sense for me to get one sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom