What's new

electric water kettle?

Hi B&B!
SO.

I feel like I need a good, electric water kettle. I've seen some nice ones online, but I'm having trouble getting through the sheer amount and similarity out there. My girlfriend has one by Caprese that's very cool looking, but seems to leave water tasting plastic-y. Does anyone have a fave? Doesn't need to have a huge capacity, but it must heat quickly and leave the water coming out tasting the same as it did going in. Cheap would be cool too. :) I just feel like I'm wasting energy using my stove to heat a teapot, you know? Also, it takes way too long to boil water that way for tea or coffee (aerorpress baby!).

My daughter got one from true value called Cuisinart model RK-17 cordless
electric jug kettle...this thing really works well....I use it all the time to fill
my skuttle or to heat my shave mug.....really nice...hope this helps....can't
remember the price but think it was around 50.00....

You may want an electric thermo pot, such as the Zojirushi. They don't just boil up water, they also hold it at whatever temperature that you set them at. Mine is a Panasonic model that has served me well for almost two years now. If you use a lot of hot water throughout the day they can be very energy efficient.

I was thinking about buying a Ovente kg83b glass electric kettle for my barber shop booth to provide hot water for my shaving services.
I am partial to blue LED light so I'm not sure if its a good kettle or I just want the blue light on glass look. Decisions decisions.

I was amazed the first time I realized that all American households don't have an electric kettle. Throughout the rest of the world (or at least everywhere I've been) everyone has one. They are cheap. available everywhere, and not considered a major purchase. I can literally walk across the street right now and buy one for less than 10USD.

The plus side of that is that you tend to have better coffee, as people with electric kettles get lazy, and drink instant coffee. Which I reckon is right up there with eating cheese from a can.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I was amazed the first time I realized that all American households don't have an electric kettle. Throughout the rest of the world (or at least everywhere I've been) everyone has one. They are cheap. available everywhere, and not considered a major purchase. I can literally walk across the street right now and buy one for less than 10USD.

The plus side of that is that you tend to have better coffee, as people with electric kettles get lazy, and drink instant coffee. Which I reckon is right up there with eating cheese from a can.

Aside from box rations when training with the Canadian army reserves I've never seen cheese in a can. Good to be in Canada. I have a couple of electric kettles and most people I know have one. Maybe less popular in the US but I don't think one can say nobody has one in the US by a long shot.

My local grocery store had Proctor-Silex kettles for $10 each. I bought three of them. They've performed beautifully and held up really well. There are nicer (i.e., stainless steel) ones out there, but I'm happy with mine.

I actually have one specifically for my coffee and tea. I use pour over and immersion brew methods that require water at around the 200 degree mark... something you can't really get from most auto drip machines. I find the convenience of a kettle, whether electric or manual, to be a bit greater than using a pot. But that's a discussion for the café.

I have a brentwood kettle at my desk at work. It's pretty good, except that I've noticed a bit of discoloration (or rust? :scared:) around the seams conncecting the spout to the body of the kettle. At hope I have a Bodum kettle I got on sale when JC Penney was clearing out their stock. I wish that I would've spent the extra $15 for the larger capacity. The one I have is not quite large enough to hold the 364 grams of water I need for 2 cups of chemex (1:18 coffee to water ratio).

Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle. They get really good ratings so I bought one about a year ago for coffee and tea and it works great and is real handy. I paid under $100, I think you can get them for around $85 and I've never had any trouble with it or regretted the purchase.

Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle. They get really good ratings so I bought one about a year ago for coffee and tea and it works great and is real handy. I paid under $100, I think you can get them for around $85 and I've never had any trouble with it or regretted the purchase.

This would be my recommendation as well. If you never intend to make coffee and you want a more capacity then consider the non-gooseneck version. The temperate settings are convenient for making tea and coffee. There is also a non-variable temperature of each if you just want to boil water.

I have several Russel Hobbs kettles (backup spares).

Best electric kettle I've ever used.

Also have a temp controlled Bonavita too but the Hobbs is a TANK.

proxy.php

Top Bottom