What's new

First awesome lather!

I got my first razor and brush last monday and have been experiment all this past week with lathering techniques. Excited to say I just whipped up my first batch of lather that I have been really happy with!:thumbup: Not to mention the blade felt great gliding over my face. Hope everybody had a good weekend, anybody do anything fun? And for those Auburn fans WAR EAGLE!

Great to hear about your lather. Nothing to productive this weekend, some purchases for myself and holiday gifts.

Welcome to B&B!

Too funny...I just had my first good lather today myself! Wasn't using enough product...who'd a thunk it?

Same thing I was doing...then I loaded the crap out of the brush to see what it felt like with too much product. Then I toned it down a little until I got what I wanted.

I am using Col Conk's bay rum, that is the only thing I have used so far. I think I'm going to tap into Col Conk's amber next shave!

I am using Col Conk's bay rum, that is the only thing I have used so far. I think I'm going to tap into Col Conk's amber next shave!

Those are the two that I have. My first shave was with Bay Rum. Very nice smell and I was happy with the lather. Today I had my second shave and switched to the Amber (I like the smell of the Bay Rum better), but it lathered up extremely well. I did use a different bowl this time too which might have contributed.

Congratulations, and good luck.

Top Bottom