What's new

Royall Vetiver

I have a sample of the Royall Vetiver cologne/AS or all purpose lotion and like it very much so I am considering purchasing some. Before I do, I would like to hear what some of you think of this vetiver and where it ranks with other vetiver scents.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Doug

I love vetiver colognes, including Royall Vetiver, and there are a lot of significant differences between many of them. I think of them in several categories, in terms like clean, straight forward vetivers, like Encre Noire, which also has great longevity on me, lasting as much as 12 to 14 hours before it fades away completely. Vetiver de Puig is also a clean, straight forward vetiver somewhat similar to Encre Noire, with a shorter longevity, lasting 6 to 7 hours on me. Then there is Guerlain Vetiver, which also has decent longevity on me, lasting up to 8 to 10 hours. It is a soapy, sourish vetiver. L'Occitane Eau de Vetyver is a sweet, woodsy smoky vetiver scent. Floris Vetiver (discontinued) is a very sweet, tart vetiver. Compared to these, to me, Royall is a darker, smoky vetiver, very rich and strong, with a longevity in the 6 to 8 hours range.

There are many others, like MPG Route de Vetiver, Frederick Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire, and so on, that are excellent. I like them all, and many of them are different enough to justify having multiple vetivers in your cologne rotation. Many times I've seen words like "vetiver lovers should try this one...", and most of the time, that's good advice.

I'd suggest you get ahold of as many samples and decants you can to explore the many vetiver scents available to see how many different interpretations there are before you lock in on just one. I don't think there is one perfect vetiver. I think there are many, many excellent interpretations of vetiver.

Thank you Randy for your excellent information. I will do some more research and try to get some samples.

Best regards,

Doug

I was in Pasteur's over the weekend and tried a schpritz of the Royall Vetiver from their sampler atomizer. I am not a regular cologne user, though I have dabbled in the past. I was very impressed with the initial top notes of the fragrance and the lingering base notes if you will, were very rich and aromatic. I think this is very good stuff and am tempted to grab some of the aftershave.

I do not know what it is about the Royall Vetiver, but I have tried it twice at a local store while in town to have lunch with swmbo and this stuff takes my head off. I would like to know what is in it that makes me light headed, even more than usual. I like the royal line in general. I would like to try the scent more , but am afraid I will have the same results

Top Bottom