What's new

Newton Running Shoes and Midfoot Striking

I picked up a pair of these last week. The Sir Isaac model. I've logged about a 35 minutes aka 4 miles in them. So few miles because I'm trying to adjust slowly the manufacturer recommends. I'm a midfoot striker who still heel strikes on long runs. I'm trying to become a total midfoot/forefoot striker.

Anyone else have any experience with these shoes? Thus far, I really like them, they are quite comfortable with lots of spring in the forefoot.

Not to hijack your thread, but I'm confused by the video on the site. Do you land mid-foot, rock back to the heel and then lift to begin the next stride? I'm too much of a heel striker and I'm trying to change that, but i now land slightly behind the arch and rock forward. As I watch the link on the site, I'm doing it backwards.

Those look pretty cool!

I'm too much of a heel striker and I'm trying to change that, but i now land slightly behind the arch and rock forward. As I watch the link on the site, I'm doing it backwards.

When you do that that usually makes you swing your legs like a pendulum which is a no-no because of efficiency and energy exertion. Try lifting your knees a tad higher and attempt to lean forward. This usually will increase your foot strike count which is a good thing for some when it comes to some runners because you're feet are touching the ground for a less amount of time since you're not swinging your legs like a pendulum anymore.

When you're changing gate or technique attempt it on a track and start at the same point on the track and count left foot strikes and same pace and see what your results are.

Top Bottom