What's new

The Pipe Gallery

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You, sir, are a better man than I. I don't think I could have managed "almost".

At least the stummel wasn't damaged. A stem replacement is fairly easy.
Yep, very lucky. Until I get the new one, I just grab the one off of its Morta brother.

I don't know whether or not I want to take a pic of what has happened. I had left my 2013 LE Tinksy on the bookcase in the garage- with a two year in the house I haven't been smoking indoors. Somehow, my stepdaughter knocked it off the shelf and the stem broke. Looks like I need to have the stem sent back (because of the insert) and have Mark make me a new one. One way or another, she is going to pay.
It happens ... , I broke a stem once , New Pipe , Savinelli , emailed the Head guy (I think I had another stem , too , It needed replacing) , he sent them , but it's been so long I can't recall if I had to pay anything or not (pretty sure I paid something , Oh I remember ! Had to send the pipe to them ! The stem has to be cut to fit !) ... but they were really nice . Some estates I've had new stems made , just too far gone , the manufacturer was out of business , not in production . But there's a Pipe maker and restorer that has a shop I've used , he's polished up , cleaned up one , I couldn't handle , made it look brand new ; and made a couple of bits for me , I'll see if I can find his name and shop info .... it's Norwood's , they've done a Great Job for me ! Here's the info ... check out his site , norwoodpiperepair.com , it's in Clifton TN ...

Contact Information:

Norwood's Pipe Repair
1160 Norwood Lane
Clifton, Tennessee 38425

(731) 926-1360
[email protected]

That website isn't working , but that's the place , it's east of the TN River , south of Columbia TN . Great work and nice people , fast , too . Small town ... , He used to make Pipes , too .

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Here it is. It took me almost an hour to get the broken piece out of the stummel. For those that have that pipe- see that thin plastic round piece? That goes on the other side of the wood accent on the stem, right?

$pipe.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
That's a bummer, but it's and easy fix. Mark will just need to make a new tenon, not a whole stem. Shouldn't cost much. And yes, the plastic ring goes on the other side of the wood accent ring, so mark will need to reglue that as well.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That's a bummer, but it's and easy fix. Mark will just need to make a new tenon, not a whole stem. Shouldn't cost much. And yes, the plastic ring goes on the other side of the wood accent ring, so mark will need to reglue that as well.

Cool. I need to send it to him in a week or so.

Top Bottom