What's new

The Pipe Gallery

It was great , every one he pulled out of the box he had a story for and a smile . Now he wants another pipe rack to display them all. He used to have a nice 3 level 36 pipe rack but mom through it out on there last move ....she's not very fond of the pipes
That's awesome, get that man some pipe racks!

Definitely thought about the Christmas angle, but already bought him a Rudy Vey LE holiday brush and a travel case from Above the Tie.

Any good shops out there with a good selection of racks ?

It's the best part of having the same interests. ...shaving , cars , and now pipes....I get to buy more stuff for the 2 of us

There's a guy on etsy that makes som really cool leather pipe racks.

South West Leather.

Those pipes are beauties! Thanks for taking the time to share

Was my pleasure getting the pictures. Was intending to photo each and get makes and all that but when I saw there was 42 of them I thought different. Most were English, like 12 Italian , and a couple Danish. And the cobs were all from the same place the oldest being from 1965. All bought in SF in the 60's and early 70's.

Will check out the leather racks , thanks for the heads up

I had to go back about 30 pages to find it, but I knew there was a thread like this somewhere.

My desk was getting a little crowded, so I bought a shelf to help clear some space. While I was at it, seemed like an excellent time for a photo...

$DSCF4045.jpg

WOW ! Price ! You have some NICE Pipes ! ... I'm ashamed , I realize I need to break out the stem polish and do some shining , but after moving (5 years ago : ( ... ) I was embarrassed I had So Many Pipes , Racks , Tobacco , everything , so I put most in 4 or 5 of the Biggest drawers I had (not Fruit of the Loom , either) . After getting a few out and taking that picture I learned I need to learn How to take Pictures ! Light , arrangement (people around here are Photo Artists !) , and I've never played with the camera . WOW ! You can crop and go from color to Black and White , and anything in between ! Technology has come a long way I guess .

I've been jacking with that one picture , and I'm going to Post a cropped version in Black and White something ? Can't recall , now ...

$FullSizeRender.jpg

Lets see how this turned out , I'm trying to learn .

Last edited:
Nice Job ! Sweet Pipes ! I really like the Author #2 ! Made me think , and I took a few pics of 3 of the Dublins I have that are Savinelli's ... a mini-churchwarden "Byron's Favorite" rusticated , and Two Oscar's ... the Rusticated One is an Oscar Tiger I bought from a shop in Denmark (couldn't find one here) ...

$IMG_0686.jpg
​Uploaded three pics , I'll see if they worked . If not I'll try again .

Attachments

• $IMG_0683.jpg
    $IMG_0683.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 86
  • $IMG_0681.jpg
    $IMG_0681.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Nice Job ! Sweet Pipes ! I really like the Author #2 ! Made me think , and I took a few pics of 3 of the Dublins I have that are Savinelli's ... a mini-churchwarden "Byron's Favorite" rusticated , and Two Oscar's ... the Rusticated One is an Oscar Tiger I bought from a shop in Denmark (couldn't find one here) ...

View attachment 623036
​Uploaded three pics , I'll see if they worked . If not I'll try again .

I love Savinelli pipes. The dublins are excellent. Thanks for posting the pics.

Today I finished the second in the Savinelli Author 320 pair. Decided against rusticating the second one and I'm pleased withe results.
Interesting grain pattern on pipe 2. A good choice to work with what you had, instead of forcing what you wanted.

They both came out pretty nice!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't know whether or not I want to take a pic of what has happened. I had left my 2013 LE Tinksy on the bookcase in the garage- with a two year in the house I haven't been smoking indoors. Somehow, my stepdaughter knocked it off the shelf and the stem broke. Looks like I need to have the stem sent back (because of the insert) and have Mark make me a new one. One way or another, she is going to pay.

:scared:
I don't know whether or not I want to take a pic of what has happened. I had left my 2013 LE Tinksy on the bookcase in the garage- with a two year in the house I haven't been smoking indoors. Somehow, my stepdaughter knocked it off the shelf and the stem broke. Looks like I need to have the stem sent back (because of the insert) and have Mark make me a new one. One way or another, she is going to pay.

Top Bottom