What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Smoking a Free Cuba Robusto tonight and trying out my new "Cohiba" cutters, bought a 25 count bundle of these for $29.99, this is the first smoke, started out a bit tight and had to correct the burn a couple times but really can't complain about the flavor...
$IMG_7266.jpg

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Ladies & Gents:
Tonight, I'm enjoying a Nicaraguan Brickhouse Toro (6.0 x 48 ring), which is a gorgeous Nicaraguan puro crafted with a dark, reddish-brown Habano wrapper and a robust blend of Nicaraguan long-fillers. The result is a medium to full-bodied cigar that's rich, flavorful, and smooth. Notes of earth, cedar, pepper, and coffee are complemented by a toasty, slightly sweet finish. :thumbsup:

I enjoyed this cigar w/ a large glass of sweetened black tea! :w00t:

$Cigar of the Day - 30 Sept - 16.jpg[FONT=&amp]
proxy.php
“The cigar is the perfect complement to an elegant lifestyle” French Author George Sands[/FONT]

Smoked my first Spectre tonight (Toro), a damn fine smoke IMO...
View attachment 692654
I have one last Spectre sitting in the humi. I didn't like the first few I had over a year ago. Something about Latakia in a cigar put me off it. I actually picked up the Spectre today, but put it down, as I have done many times before. After reading your take on it I will revisit it to see if my opinion, or palate, has changed.

I now see a lot of reports here with reasonably priced cigars getting high marks. I have some inexpensive Cigarbid wins on the way. I'm hoping they will satisfy the daily smoke category for me.

Today, I enjoyed a Cain Habano. Superb tight construction with a nice draw. Even burning too. Great cigar for under $5.

Cigar smoking is transitioning into pipe smoking for me as the fall wears on. When you get right down to it, pipe smoking is a relative bargain.

I have one last Spectre sitting in the humi. I didn't like the first few I had over a year ago. Something about Latakia in a cigar put me off it. I actually picked up the Spectre today, but put it down, as I have done many times before. After reading your take on it I will revisit it to see if my opinion, or palate, has changed.

I now see a lot of reports here with reasonably priced cigars getting high marks. I have some inexpensive Cigarbid wins on the way. I'm hoping they will satisfy the daily smoke category for me.

Today, I enjoyed a Cain Habano. Superb tight construction with a nice draw. Even burning too. Great cigar for under $5.

Cigar smoking is transitioning into pipe smoking for me as the fall wears on. When you get right down to it, pipe smoking is a relative bargain.
I'm a big Latakia fan so take that into consideration, as someone who's just venturing into cigars, yes pipe smoking is SO much less expensive.

Smoking a Free Cuba Robusto tonight and trying out my new "Cohiba" cutters, bought a 25 count bundle of these for $29.99, this is the first smoke, started out a bit tight and had to correct the burn a couple times but really can't complain about the flavor...
View attachment 691831

This brand has me intrigued what kind of flavors do you get out of this cigar?

I'm a big Latakia fan so take that into consideration, as someone who's just venturing into cigars, yes pipe smoking is SO much less expensive.
Well, I had to do it. Unwrapped the Spectre to give it a go. The initial note was heavy Latakia. I was surprised that over a year didn't mellow the lat a bit. I toasted the foot, and took a whif. Not too bad. The first third was not the worst. Latakia forward with cigar leaf in a supporting role. Halfway through I got the hiccups, so attesting to its Nic hit. Overall, I would say it would be a decent smoke for a change of pace. Still, for some reason, Latakia in a cigar just doesn't do it for me. I love it in a pipe, but I'd rather smoke an Oliva Serie O, or something on that order if I'm having a cigar. I guess it's a situation of "to each his own." I do also have to say that the construction was very good. No splits from the wrapper and a good straight burn line.

Aaron, as you sample more cigars it would be great if you could give us your impressions.
$image.jpeg

Well, I had to do it. Unwrapped the Spectre to give it a go. The initial note was heavy Latakia. I was surprised that over a year didn't mellow the lat a bit. I toasted the foot, and took a whif. Not too bad. The first third was not the worst. Latakia forward with cigar leaf in a supporting role. Halfway through I got the hiccups, so attesting to its Nic hit. Overall, I would say it would be a decent smoke for a change of pace. Still, for some reason, Latakia in a cigar just doesn't do it for me. I love it in a pipe, but I'd rather smoke an Oliva Serie O, or something on that order if I'm having a cigar. I guess it's a situation of "to each his own." I do also have to say that the construction was very good. No splits from the wrapper and a good straight burn line.

Aaron, as you sample more cigars it would be great if you could give us your impressions.
View attachment 692809
Will do, may even start a new cigar dedicated YouTube channel and start doing reviews at some point, will be doing plenty of sampling soon.

$van winkle.jpg
These just arrived Friday after I first ordered them in June. Celebrating the Blue Jays making it to the playoffs for a second year in a row.

Sam Leccia Black Corona, Havana wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, with Brazilian, Nicaraguan and Dominican filler with some added dark-fired leaf, the dark fired didn't stand out like I thought it would, a good but not great smoke IMO, probably not a repurchase for me...
$P1140972.jpg

I had a Rocky Patel Prohibition Broadleaf. Myfirst Rocky Patel, not bad. Definitely stronger than what I'm used to, especially since I just started smoking cigars a few months ago.

Smoking a Nicaraguan second, these are listed as petite coronas but are more of a petite perfecto, they don't fit my mouthpiece normally so I put them backwards, to my surprise the flavors weren't reversed :)
$IMG_7312.JPG

Top Bottom