What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Cuban Montecristo No. 2 with Buffalo Trace on the rocks & a splash of water :thumbup1:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
A day late but...:lol:

Last night was karaoke night for the wife and I so I took a stick with me to enjoy with my shot of JB Black and Killians. I took the Romeo y Julietta 1875 Habana Reserve corona.

View attachment 157516
http://altadisusa.com/blog/2011/04/01/romeo-y-julieta-habana-reserve-review

It was a very nice smoke compared to the Flor de Oliva I had on sunday. Much fuller and slightly sweet but with a peppery note on the end. Really enjoyed it and I will have to grab a couple more of these.

Jay

Tonight I had a CAO La Traviata Davino (robusto). This was my first experience with CAO's La Traviata line, having purchased this particular cigar about a month or so ago on the recommendation of the shopkeeper at my local cigar bar.

This, my friends, was a very good cigar, and at around $5 locally it holds its own quite well against pricier cigars. Color me impressed, and I have to say the whole time I was smoking it I was I kept thinking it was very Cuban-like. Turns out, after researching this line a little further afterward, that was exactly what they were going for. They got it. It isn't identical, but it may be the most Cubanesque cigar that I have sampled. Two thumbs up on this one :thumbup:

Last edited:
Well went to the lake on sunday since it was 99* out. Took one of the Macanudo Crystal Cafe Robustos with me. It was an excellent fairly light smoke which worked out well for a hot day. Very mild compared to the Habano Reserve Corona I had wednsday but still a very smooth smoke.

Jay

Diesel Unholy Cocktail paired with Fegley's Brewworks Hop'solutely. I know most of you enjoy scotch or glass of wine with your cigars, but for me a good beer and a cigar is heaven. Both were good, especially the Hop'solutely. If you can find it, I highly recommended it for all the hop heads out there. It's a great hoppy beer with a crisp citrus finish.

Well last night was Wednsday karaoke for the wife and I. To go with my JB blacks and Killians I took along the Cain Daytona, I believe the size was a corona. This was a noticably heavier smoke than even the RyJ Habano reserve I had last week. At various times you got hints of pepper, espresso, and maybe a nutty caramel in the middle. All in all a great smoke altho very full bodied and rich, not the kind of smoke I could have often. It would probably be very nice as a sunday afternoon smoke with a slightly sweeter drink to pair it.

View attachment 158799

Jay

Tried another CAO La Traviata on Friday & sadly it didn't give me the same experience as the first one. Don't get me wrong, it was a good smoke, but I didn't get the same Cuban-like flavors from this one. Oh well.
So tonight it was back to the real deal, a Cuban Monte #2 while sipping on Woodford Reserve :thumbup1:

Top Bottom