What's new

Top 5 DE Confessions

1. I can only shave once per day.
2. I can imagine using every soap, cream, pre/post balm, and aftershave product which appeals to me
3. I know it's a deal getting Cella in the brick - but I just got the cup and still haven't used it yet
4. I know it's a deal getting every blade in 100ct packs - but I've only tried Wilkinson Sword (Germany) so far...
5. Yes, I know it's only a bowl for gosh sake, but does it have to cost >$50 US??? Seriously?

... I am but an egg...
(No really, if you'd have seen my head....)

Car boot sales or boot fairs are a form of market in which private individuals come together to sell household and garden goods. They are popular in the United Kingdom, where they are often referred to simply as 'car boots'.

The term refers to the selling of items from a car's boot. Although a small proportion of sellers are professional traders selling goods, or indeed browsing for items to buy, most of the goods on sale are used personal possessions. Car boot sales are a way of attracting a large group of people in one place to recycle useful but unwanted domestic items that otherwise might have been thrown away. Car boot sales generally take place in the summer months. However, in a growing trend, indoor boot sales and all year hard-standing outdoor boot sales are now appearing in some parts of the UK. Items for sale are extremely varied, including for example antiques and collectables,[1] as in a flea market. Car boot sales are also very popular in parts of Australia, and have a growing presence in mainland Europe.

OK I think I understand but what exactly is a car's "boot"?

1- I don't have a serious RAD problem.
2- I never sneakily picked up mail and destroyed evidence of packaging, receipts, invoices, etc.
3- I never strategically placed a new acquisition in my display in a way that it is not immediately noticeable.
4- I never lied about how much I paid for an item or overpaid in an auction.
5- I am not denying these things in case a certain SWMBO ever sees this post.

I think you read my mind. Hope SWMBO hasn't learned that trick.

1. I love every Pinaud aftershave. Even the Veg is in my rotation.
2. I only shave every other day, even though I hate the feel of stubble on my face
3. I used to have a beard long enough to cover my chest... 30 years ago, before it was cool.

6. The blade pulls. Always, if there is more than 6 hours growth. Merkur blade, Feather blade, Feather Super Pro AC blade, straight razor honed within an inch of its life (not by me), Dog's Bollocks. They ALL pull.

-Mo
Try so-called "Gillette stroke" (diagonal).

I love long-running threads like this. Here are mine:

1. I had permanent stubble from age 18 until I began DE shaving last year. I would trim it once a week with a beard trimmer with no guard.
2. Even though I love DE shaving, I almost never shave two days in a row.
3. I just bought a second brush. There will probably never be a third.
4. I only got a DE razor because my wife won a $50 gift card to Duluth Trading Company and I couldn't find anything else that even remotely interested me.
5. I choke way up on the handle. I hold the razor just an inch or so from the head.

1. I'm a frugal (code for tightwad). I prefer to shop locally to avoid shipping and handling costs. So it's VDH soap or The Real Shaving Company cream for me. I did order a Merkur 34C and 100 Personna Blues on line. If you pay more than ~$35, then there's no S&H costs with Amazon.
2. I find most fragrances mildling annoying. Why to I have to smell like anything?
3. "Bullfrogging" helps me get BBS on my neck to compensate for my aging sagging skin. Embrace the wrinkles, guys! You earned them!
4. After my initial prep and lathering, I seem to get into a zone that I find relaxing.
5. Because of my job I have to shave every day. I actually look forward to it. I enjoy my weekend shaves as I can really take my time and get into the zone.

1- I don't have a serious RAD problem.
2- I never sneakily picked up mail and destroyed evidence of packaging, receipts, invoices, etc.
3- I never strategically placed a new acquisition in my display in a way that it is not immediately noticeable.
4- I never lied about how much I paid for an item or overpaid in an auction.
5- I am not denying these things in case a certain SWMBO ever sees this post.
Exactly! Ditto

1. I've never had a BBS shave and I doubt I ever will.

2. I still suspect that I'm doing this wrong and, if I weren't, #1 would happen.

Brian,

Take the BBS saying as hyperbole.
The only way anyone gets an actual BBS is to shave an actual baby's bottom!

Curt

1. I will someday own every rose soap and cream made.
2. I have filled my hall closet with empty WCS and Italian Barber boxes.
3. Of course I order enough to get free shipping; look how much I'm saving!
4. I will splash on 4711 for no reason at all when I wander into the can late at night.
5. I have stopped growling when friends burst into peals of laughter when I say my favorite Italian soap is Tcheon Fung Sing.

4. I will splash on 4711 for no reason at all when I wander into the can late at night.

Oooo I have almost the same thing

1. I sometimes splash AS on at night because I feel like the scent makes me feel cleaner when I'm in bed trying to sleep

2. This is often times mere hours after shaving without using a splash at all, but only alum.

3. I get excited while reading certain soap/brush threads or watching certain videos, and will spontaneously get off the couch to go do test lathers and experiment with some of my crap. It scares my roommates, so I only do it when I'm alone now.

4. My first full shave with a Slim Adjustable was performed without any prior knowledge of the 1/4 turn, and my first thought was "Those guys on B&B are crazy. These vintage Gillettes destroy you! Even @ 3!"

5. I absolutely despise Proraso, which is why I can relate to the folks who can't stand Arko (which I thoroughly enjoy).

Last edited:
1. I too have never tried anything bay rum
2. I inly have one razor, a 1950 super speed.
3. I use walmart and drug store after shaves.
4. I use VDH soaps regulerly and Nivea is the only cream i have ever used.
5. I can repurpous anything for shaving.

1. I don't always shave according to the grain.
2. I occasionally touch up with my Mach III.
3. I'm also a bay rum virgin.
4. I don't own a fatboy and had no idea what they were until joining B&B.
5. I can't afford to buy all that I'm buying but eating is overrated anyway.

1. I suffer from no shaving related acquisition disorders
2. The only shaving related products I own more than one of are razors, and two of those three were gifted to me
3. I use disposable two blade razors on my head and on my face when I'm in a hurry
4. I really do enjoy wet shaving, but when I'm not in my uniform I don't shave - and regret it after every weekend when I'm shaving three days worth of stubble
5. I'm pretty happy with simple things, I only shave with CO Bigelo (Proraso) and use Walmart witch hazel for aftershave, but I am asking for some Mama Bears soaps as stocking stuffers this year

And one bonus: 6. I spend more time in the everything else section of B&B than on the shaving sections

1. I have never put a DE razor to my face, and probably never will. I have grown a full beard year-round since I graduated high school, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I use DE/straight razors strictly for head shaving (I'm a voluntarily bald, 25 year old guy).

2. I perform roughly one out of every three shaves without first taking a hot shower, using a hot towel, etc.

3. Regardless of how much pain I am sometimes in afterwards (not too often anymore, but still happens), I shave my head BBS every. single. shave.

4. Despite the occasional pain outlined in #3 above, I love using alcohol-based aftershaves on my head, and will continue to use them exclusively. I don't feel like my head is "clear" and "sterilized" without the nice slight/severe (depending on how the shave went haha) burn from an alcohol-based aftershave.

5. Even though everything I've read suggests this is wrong, I shave my head in one pass, against the grain, with a follow up of buffing in areas that are still a little fuzzy. Shaving longer hairs against the grain always results in less irritation for me versus shaving short hairs against the grain.

BONUS: 6. I have shaved a small mole off of my head with a straight razor. It wasn't too painful, but bled for about an hour. Hasn't grown back yet either!

when i used to shave my head i did it in one pass against the grain with buffing. Whatever works for you man. SWMBO has forbade further head shaving by holding back the nookie so hair on my head there is

Amen Neffarious. For the record - I, personally, would probably leave my girlfriend if she told me I had to stop shaving my head haha. You must have a keeper over there!!

1. when i started out i sampled all my blades by buying 100 blade bulk packs of each one i wanted to try because i was getting more blades per dollar.
2. when i go to the restroom to take a leak i sometimes lather up and do a quick pass.
3. i get better shaves when i shave before i take a shower and do no prep besides lathering up.
4. sometimes i lather up and smell my soaps and don't even shave or need to shave.
5. im always looking for new shaving equipment and fill online shopping carts even though i have no intention of making the purchase anytime soon.

:lol:

2. I find most fragrances mildling annoying. Why to I have to smell like anything?

i agree. Walk as fast as I can past people that you can smell from 500 feet.

BONUS: 6. I have shaved a small mole off of my head with a straight razor. It wasn't too painful, but bled for about an hour. Hasn't grown back yet either!

Dang dude. Talk about going "it's only a flesh wound."

2. when i go to the restroom to take a leak i sometimes lather up and do a quick pass.

5. im always looking for new shaving equipment and fill online shopping carts even though i have no intention of making the purchase anytime soon.

:lol:
Hopefully #2 is when you're at home.

i do #5 as well

Top Bottom