What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Hey Chris, long time no see. Don't think I've seen you around since the mods granted us this Sub Forum.

Edit; take that back you were hear when we began, still nice to see you again though:001_tt2:

Last edited:
Thanks - it's nice to check in and be welcomed back so quickly!

Come summer, I try to push back from the screen and get outside more often. Also, my razors are used less; my pipes more.

I've been trying cigars again - even bought a few boxes and built a humidor out of an old Boekel dessicator with good seals and a wireless hygrometer/thermometer. Comparatively speaking, pipes tobacco is so much easier to store & age and I'm sure I'll always prefer pipes. Still, I reason that it's nice to have stogies on hand for when friends are over and I want my pipe.

*Yikes -- looks like mine is an unlucky post number!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed my first pipe ever last night.

The pipe was a Brigham Voyageur, and the tobacco was a house blend called smoking 965.

If there any other pipe smokers in Toronto would love to hear where your favorite pipe tobacco store is! :)

Orlik Golden Slice in a Savinelli antique shell bulldog sitter.

Attachments

• $4.jpg
    $4.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 147
How about last evening? A straight saddle bit Ashton Dublin with Sherlock's Choice. The Ashton is one I got from the folks who own James Upshall and is supposed to be a bowl carved by Bill before his death and finished by Jimmy Craig. At least that's how they listed it, and it's marked JC. Great smoke.

Ford

My own blend: 5 parts Carter Hall / 1 part McClelland blending Latakia in a Cassano Forte Dublin.

Attachments

• $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 132
Very stressful day at work today so I relaxed tonight with a very well earned hour with my Brigham pipe and some 965

IRA Virginia Flake (very well rubbed out) in a Dr. Grabow Riviera Billiard...nice smoke for a sultry late morning.

enjoyed a bowl of my coinnesures choice with a cup of freshly brewed coffee after the 2 kids went to bed across from my wife in our back garden during a rare sunny spell. just enjoying the quite conversion before our new arrival comes in early sep.

Top Bottom