What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I don't know that it's nicer, but it looks pretty similar. Had the gizmo in it. I tried to get the bowl insert out when she gave it to me, but it seemed to be in there pretty good, and I didn't want to force it, because I didn't know if it was supposed to be removeable or not. I might give it a try again later.

Prince Albert in a newly restored Brigham one dot Bulldog. It was a gift from my Dad for restoring 6 pipes that he bought.

Never had Prince Albert before, you can't get it here and if you could it would be $16-$20. A friend picked it up for me while he was in the States for Easter. It was $4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kilroy6644

No luck. What I could see through the hole in the bottom kind of looked like it might be a screw, but anything I had that was small enough to fit through the hole (Philips or Allen) wouldn't grab anything when it was there.

Kilroy6644

Prince Albert in a newly restored Brigham one dot Bulldog. It was a gift from my Dad for restoring 6 pipes that he bought.

Never had Prince Albert before, you can't get it here and if you could it would be $16-$20. A friend picked it up for me while he was in the States for Easter. It was $4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you like it? I buy it occasionally because it's cheap, but it's not one of my favorites. I've been smoking it more lately, trying to acquire the taste.

No luck. What I could see through the hole in the bottom kind of looked like it might be a screw, but anything I had that was small enough to fit through the hole (Philips or Allen) wouldn't grab anything when it was there.

Bummer. Must be different from mine. Mine had a black screw that blended in unless you used a bright flashlight, but it took a regular #2 philips.

Well, you could soak it in something (maybe not as strong as everclear) without disassembling it.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398300919.424613.jpg

Solani ABF in my birth year Randy Wiley Sea Reef

How do you like it? I buy it occasionally because it's cheap, but it's not one of my favorites. I've been smoking it more lately, trying to acquire the taste.

It was my first smoke, but liked it just fine. I've just started smoking a pipe and figured I should try all the OTC baccy I hear mentioned a lot. I was using it to break in the pipe I newly restored but it burned well, only needing one relight and the flavor, although boring compared to some of the other baccy I've tried, was pleasant enough. Of the OTC baccy I've tried (Carter Hall, Sir Walter Raleigh, Captain Black Gold, and Prince Albert), I prefer the Cap'n Black and the Carter Hall.

Hearth & Home's Mt. Marcy in a Radice Underwood Diamond Shanked bent Pot earlier today, now some The Smoker LTD. Black Noble in a Peterson 150 Ebony Spigot...
$P1090203.jpg$P1100799.jpg

Top Bottom