What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Gonna enjoy the evening sun on my balcony with a little 4noggins Weybridge in a brand new MM Diplomat.

proxy.php

Tonight I'm having some Boswell's Magnum Blend in my late grandfather-in-law's Custombilt Original 663. The tobacco (seemingly opposite the name) is a nice mild English. This pipe has a large bowl & is the best smoker of his collection. I think the shape is somewhere between an apple & a pot, but I'm no expert. Does anybody know anything about this brand?

proxy.php

Also, the pipe had one major flaw when I got it:

proxy.php

Looks like he was either a major clincher or somebody just mishandled it. I'm guessing the latter.

Any recommendations on who would be best suited to fab a new stem? I like would the new one to be close to the original bend & shape with a fishtail, but I am open to other colors & materials.

Last edited:
Tonight I'm having some Boswell's Magnum Blend in my late grandfather-in-law's Custombilt Original 663. The tobacco (seemingly opposite the name) is a nice mild English. This pipe has a large bowl & is the best smoker of his collection. I think the shape is somewhere between an apple & a pot, but I'm no expert. Does anybody know anything about this brand?

proxy.php

Also, the pipe had one major flaw when I got it:

proxy.php

Looks like he was either a major clincher or somebody just mishandled it. I'm guessing the latter.

Any recommendations on who would be best suited to fab a new stem? I like would the new one to be close to the original bend & shape with a fishtail, but I am open to other colors & materials.
Yeah, I recommend this guy http://www.nightowlpipeworks.com/home/index.html, He re-stemmed my Jobey and did an excellent job, he takes his time and does it right, I don't recommend Tim West, I had a bad experience with a re-stem he did.

Last night I enjoyed a bowl of Butternut Burley in my Tinsky LE. It was very pleasant. Even with my bad puffing habits, this tobacco burned tongue bite free. On the other hand, I did have to relight many many times, despite the reviews I read on Smokingpipes. I guess I still haven't figured it out yet.
It left me calm, cool, and satisfied and the flavor did not linger in my mouth too long. I really enjoyed it!

This morning I am still working on the box of 7 year old PSLNF I have open. I am burning it in a very old Comoy full bent I found last night hidden in a corner. I had to spend a few minutes with the Magic Eraser on the stem to remove the oxidation.

Top Bottom