What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Smoking some well aged Luxury Navy Flake in a huge old Tim West Panel. The pipe is too large to take out on the road, so it is one I use when sitting in my easy chair when I have a few hours to kill.

Erinmore Flake in a rustic Savinelli 320 KS, I don't foresee this tin lasting very long :001_smile...
$IMG_2365.jpg

Last edited:
Trying 1792 flake for the first time in a MM Diplomat.

Whew, this is interesting. The nicotine is huge, and immediately makes itself known even during the false light. There was an uncomfortable feeling the back of my throat at first, but absolutely no hint of tongue bite throughout the bowl. The flavor is... unique? The smell of the flakes themselves is similar to that of a pet shop like many others have stated, but the flavor that I get seems to change throughout the bowl quite a bit. Large amounts of spiciness at first, then some sweetness popping it's head. Sweet VA taste for a few slow puffs, then vanillaish spices, then burning rubber for a moment, and I don't know if I love it or just like it. Prep seems to be very important with this one, and if not allowed to dry out quite a bit it is a huge pain to keep lit. After the bowl I feel incredibly relaxed, my head is swimming, and the aftertaste is surprisingly pleasant and that of straight tobacco. I don't notice any florals at all, is this supposed to have that? I see a couple tins in my future.

Trying 1792 flake for the first time in a MM Diplomat.

Whew, this is interesting. The nicotine is huge, and immediately makes itself known even during the false light. There was an uncomfortable feeling the back of my throat at first, but absolutely no hint of tongue bite throughout the bowl. The flavor is... unique? The smell of the flakes themselves is similar to that of a pet shop like many others have stated, but the flavor that I get seems to change throughout the bowl quite a bit. Large amounts of spiciness at first, then some sweetness popping it's head. Sweet VA taste for a few slow puffs, then vanillaish spices, then burning rubber for a moment, and I don't know if I love it or just like it. Prep seems to be very important with this one, and if not allowed to dry out quite a bit it is a huge pain to keep lit. After the bowl I feel incredibly relaxed, my head is swimming, and the aftertaste is surprisingly pleasant and that of straight tobacco. I don't notice any florals at all, is this supposed to have that? I see a couple tins in my future.
That scent of 1792 that many often mistake for Vanilla actually comes from Tonka beans.

Top Bottom