What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
SG Black XX/Tire Fire in my Kaywoodie Saxon, while I try to clean up the zipper on my old Carhartt. Enjoying the zipper more than the smoke, I'm afraid.

Sutliff's 1849 in a Loewe & Co. "Peel" Canadian...
$P1110814.jpg

+1 how do morta's smoke?

I will say the first 3-6 smokes taste really musty and mulchy. Almost like gardening section smell of a Home Depot. They smoke a little hot at first too. But once you pass that point they really do smoke dry and cool. They're really light and cool down really fast so you can smoke it many times in a day.

I've heard a lot of people compare them to meerschaums in that they don't impart a flavor and don't ghost. This is where I disagree. I would say they're actually closer to a corn cob. With respect to their cool down rate and ability to be smoked multiple times in a day. In my experience they do ghost. That one there is used only with VaPers and the others I have are mainly for Latakia blends. I have four and I love them.

I will say the first 3-6 smokes taste really musty and mulchy. Almost like gardening section smell of a Home Depot. They smoke a little hot at first too. But once you pass that point they really do smoke dry and cool. They're really light and cool down really fast so you can smoke it many times in a day.

I've heard a lot of people compare them to meerschaums in that they don't impart a flavor and don't ghost. This is where I disagree. I would say they're actually closer to a corn cob. With respect to their cool down rate and ability to be smoked multiple times in a day. In my experience they do ghost. That one there is used only with VaPers and the others I have are mainly for Latakia blends. I have four and I love them.

a morta pipe is on my list as well as a meer. I have a thing with pokers, so it will probably be some varition of that when I get one....

btw u have 4 mortas? you got a pic of all 4 of the together?

a morta pipe is on my list as well as a meer. I have a thing with pokers, so it will probably be some varition of that when I get one....

btw u have 4 mortas? you got a pic of all 4 of the together?

I don't have it now but I will post one later on tonight for you.

There is a seller out of Italy on Ebay, ChiricoAngelo, I have 3 of his pipes and they all smoke very well for almost half of what Moretti charges for his. One of them happens to be a poker shape. I would recommend you take a look at his page from time to time as he usually puts up 2-3 at a time.

The third one is a Rick Black pipe that is kind of a poker/pot shape. That pipe is excellent as well.

[/Enable:devil2:]

I don't have it now but I will post one later on tonight for you.

There is a seller out of Italy on Ebay, ChiricoAngelo, I have 3 of his pipes and they all smoke very well for almost half of what Moretti charges for his. One of them happens to be a poker shape. I would recommend you take a look at his page from time to time as he usually puts up 2-3 at a time.

The third one is a Rick Black pipe that is kind of a poker/pot shape. That pipe is excellent as well.

[/Enable:devil2:]

phew didn't see any on ebay lolz. Also my monthly pipe fund is depleted after buying that tim west pipe this month lolz Let me know next time u see them on ebay tho!

Top Bottom