What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

I am loving this vintage Ropp sandblast bulldog. Some Comoy's Cask no 1 for the off period.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435891059.677613.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Enjoying some McClelland 2020 in my Moretti morta. This just reminds me of how awesome morta can be with certain blends. The orientals are really elevated in this blend in morta. Delicious.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435901287.237242.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435927112.308180.jpg

Getting down to the last couple of flakes of this stuff. I definitely like it and it tastes different than ODF, however I still don't feel I understand this blend. Gonna have to order another tin sooner or later. ;)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Enjoying some McClelland 2020 in my Moretti morta. This just reminds me of how awesome morta can be with certain blends. The orientals are really elevated in this blend in morta. Delicious.

View attachment 584004
I love Penzance in my 2013 LE Tinsky, but it really comes alive in my Tinsky Morta. I think it is the Orientals I love about Penzance, because I like the same particular quality of Balkan Sobranie that I received from another member (Alpster, I believe). These are the only 2 tobaccos I have tried with Orientals in the mix, so I am sure I am right.

On edit: What is with the "1968 Italian Pipe" on the case? I ask because that is my birth year. I assume it is when Moretti started, as I think Morta in pipes is a fairly recent phenomenon.

I love Penzance in my 2013 LE Tinsky, but it really comes alive in my Tinsky Morta. I think it is the Orientals I love about Penzance, because I like the same particular quality of Balkan Sobranie that I received from another member (Alpster, I believe). These are the only 2 tobaccos I have tried with Orientals in the mix, so I am sure I am right.

Alpster is about as generous a fellow as I've ever known. It was probably him.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
On edit: What is with the "1968 Italian Pipe" on the case? I ask because that is my birth year. I assume it is when Moretti started, as I think Morta in pipes is a fairly recent phenomenon.

Correct: Moretti Recanti was founded in 1968.

Brian's Mystery Sample A in a Comoy's of London Prince with a glass of Black Box Merlot.

Seeing how many awards it got, and having never had a decent boxed wine... I took a run at it. While it's not amazing or anything... it's a solid budget wine. It's around $19 and the equivalent of 4 bottles, and lasts about a month before going bad. I wanted to try drinking a glass of red wine a day for the health purposes, but that wasn't really feasible since a bottle doesn't stay long enough to only drink a glass per night. This? This could work.

PS - I'm thinking it's Samuel Gawith BBF.

Last edited:
Finished up a few bike repairs and forgot I had a jar of 1q, a jar of PA and a cob in my garage.. the 1q tasted like hot air to me, so I mixed in some PA and it's actually alright. Good enough to help me decide between fixing a Bendix 2-speed hub next, or repairing a few broken spokes, anyway.. Hmmm.

$image.jpg

2-speed hub? That's for chumps. You should get a Schlumpf 2 speed bottom bracket and a Rohloff Speedhub 14-speed hub. Then combine it with an 11-speed cassette and of course a triple crank...

2-speed hub? That's for chumps. You should get a Schlumpf 2 speed bottom bracket and a Rohloff Speedhub 14-speed hub. Then combine it with an 11-speed cassette and of course a triple crank...

Thanks for the recommendation, but nah.. I'll just stick with being a chump. I like 'em heavy, rusty and not too shifty. That goes for bikes, too.

Top Bottom